Not fond of keeping crickets

Well I ended up ordering crickets, Dubia, and Phoenix worms from rainbow mealworms again. Funny thing though, I could only order 20 Dubia! What’s up with that? I will have to go to petco to get some wax worms today. They’re too expensive online. Is there going to be a shortage On bugs you think?

Hi with everything going on in the world I always try to keep more than I need . I've not read all this thread but if roaches is all you can get so be it your guy won't starve even try different colours of roaches

Oh, I would never do wild caught where I live because the groundskeepers use round up around these apartments and I know they also spray pesticides for bugs to. If your referring to the comment made to me about catching bugs I only would do that if I could go somewhere where it’s all open fields where I know they don’t spray.

Discoids are great, too! They're just like dubia but actually move. If you're careful and only get the roaches out while over the bin, red runners are amazing! There's tons of species of non-flying and non-climbing roaches available!
Where do you get those. Although "red runners" can stay there lol

The discoids I got from Cape Cod Roaches and The Critter Depot, though I won’t buy from either again. eBay has them, though, along with some forum members!
I'll still to dubia for now lmao. I'm doing a big order next week. Although I wanna get silk worms too. Where do you get those from rainbowmealworms?

I'll still to dubia for now lmao. I'm doing a big order next week. Although I wanna get silk worms too. Where do you get those from rainbowmealworms?
There’s tons of places. I usually go with Rainbow Mealworms (usually the cheapest, but shop around), Gulf Coast Silkworms, or TC Insects (last two are local to me, so cheaper and quicker to get, but they do ship nationwide, as well).

I’d really like to find another feeder that’s as easy to keep as my Dubia roaches. They don’t die off, they don’t smell, and they don’t get loose! Crickets are the exact opposite. The ones I got from rainbow mealworms didn’t die off as fast as the ones from the pet store but I did loose some. I ordered 50 each of crickets and Dubia and the Dubia lasted over a month but the crickets only lasted a month. I need to get some more feeders but am unsure what to get. Any suggestions?
I personally enjoy working with my silks and the chams love them. Maybe too much maintenance for just one cham tho. Why not order a couple dozen, see how he likes them and let a few spin to see if he likes the moths. The worms last until they have to spin as long as you give them chow.

I personally enjoy working with my silks and the chams love them. Maybe too much maintenance for just one cham tho. Why not order a couple dozen, see how he likes them and let a few spin to see if he likes the moths. The worms last until they have to spin as long as you give them chow.
I went ahead and bought more crickets because I know how to care for them even though I don’t like them. I give Eustis crickets, Dubia, bsfl, and occasionally wax and meal worms. Silk worms scare me because they’re so delicate in their husbandry. I’ve also heard that most Jackson’s don’t like them and Eustis is a Jackson’s. Thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom