NOT BOTHERED ABOUT FOOD!

lthrbecks

Established Member
I'm getting slightly concerned about my juvenile chameleon. His food intake is down to only ONE or two hoppers per day! I stopped crickets almost three weeks ago. I'm beginning to think he's pining for them, so I've given in and reordered them again! I hope this will solve the current issue.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Ive tried silk calci wax worm
Banana and red runner roaches
Snails
Nothing only and odd hopper or two. Thats why, very reluctantly going back to noisy crickets! I only got rid of them around three weeks ago. The escapees caused havoc by chirping all night long and it really affected my sleep. It really started to depress me, it got that bad! In fact, I've one loose now and he chirped for around ten hours last night up until midday! Horrendous.

I've used Deodorant, air freshener and also blasted cold air, for over an hour, in the area he's located. He's gone very quiet! Hope he's DEAD

Wow! You have a picky cham! Have you tried waiting him out? To my (limited) knowledge, no chameleon has ever starved themselves to death. Is the offending cricket in the same room as your cham? If not, you could lightly spray something like Ortho home defense or similar.

Unfortunately yes! The offending cricket is no more than one metre away! I've got Raid, a really good fly & wasp killer spray, but don't want to spray it around Hammy and Pepé, my red eyed tree frog.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
Only—as I've mentioned a couple of times—with superworms.
Never heard of a cricket addiction before, but they're (animals) all individuals.

I agree w/ MissSkittles, waiting them out usually works, and while they won't starve to death, my beardie did lose about 3% of body weight in the process.

Personally, I'd probably do what I had to not to resort to pesticides, but that's me.
Where IS this elusive arthropod? If he's gotten under the carpet, I'd move furniture away and commence to stompin'! :cool:

Thanks for the advice.

He's definitely out in the open (as the chirps are clear and not muffled) behind my two vivarium tanks. Sadly, he's in a most inaccessible place or I'd have him vacuumed up, long ago! The thing that really surprises me, is the fact he's NOT taking to the delicious bait. I've bug grub and lovely molasses on offer. You'd think surely after almost three weeks, he like a bite to eat! Pity ?

From what little I've heard about crickets, if he's chirping, he may have something else on his mind, and I don't think it's repelling other males, BICBW.

Back
Top Bottom