Nosy Faly

I already call mine blue faly as opposed to the green faly. I dont care for designer names it just makes things worse.

How do you know (if it's a WC female like most are at the moment) if it has green in it? You don't... People mix blue / red ambilobe etc...

What are you going to say when a blue male / female produces a green male :eek:

I say let the breeder do as they want. If you do not want to buy the offspring, don't do it. There is someone else that will have what you are looking for. And if you are saying that you don't like it because then you have to worry about what some other breeder is going to do with that "green" female and not tell you they used a different female then the blue that you want, you should not be buying from that breeder.

Rocky,

Yes you can't tell if a female is green, but if the entire shipment looks the same like this last one did you can bet that those females hold the same genetics as the males. Also, I don't know if I really understood that last sentence, but I think you were saying if a breeder is going to breed the green recent falys with the ones that have white backgrounds and blue barring then I should not buy from him. Well thats easier said than done. When there are so few of both, do you think everyone is 100% honest. I mean look at the market today...there are mixes that are being sold as pure...why...to make a dollar.

Dean,

I agree, I don't like designer names. Like Mafana...what separates a Mafana from a Mitsio? I don't know but this case is different because there are definitely different looks. If there were not than there would be no posts in this thread. But a name is a name is a name. That is all locales are, a name that WE gave to animals looking a specific way. We say they generally came from that area. So in this case I think it does deserve to be categorized differently, because they look different. I think we can all agree they look different.

If two locales look different do we not call them different locales? I mean Ambanja and Ambato are very close and can be clumped together. But there are differences and thus people call some Ambato (aka blue diamond).

Chris

NO.

Ambilobes are totally different, i thought people made that clear to people who continue to use that? an Ambilobe can go from red barred to blue barred almost over night. they change all the time. til theyre old.

people shouldnt mix the Blue Faly with the clean white and bright red speckles with these rusty greens that have thick red stains.

its simple.

again, people dont know for sure about the WC female.

again, Vince @ Screameleons gets the best shipments. When all of his males look very similar, i think the most sensable breeder, who is driven to produce the "purist locale" would agree on working with him bringing some in by chipping in with their money.

theres no garuntee with Ambilobes. when a clutch of RB BB ambilobes are out for sale, not all of them end up red bodied blue barred. only a few turn out with that desired trait. alot of yellow, orange, and even green comes thru.

some Nosy Mitsio now a days show some greenish/blueish coloring. if i were one of the breeders out there that had enough money to invest in breeding projects, i would never buy anything that came in looking like that. i would never buy anything that came out of the same clutch as that.

Nosy Mitsio only show blue(sometimes) on that white stripe across their body. and it is completely tinted.

some that i have seen recently, have blue in their redish bars as they show when theyre going thru major color changing. i havnt seen anything like that til of recently.

i think something else got in those Mitsio that i have been seeing lately.

I think its getting more clear, that when ppl run out of new blood, or just females from the same locale… they go to different ideas. They breed their stud males with a locale slightly similar on some aspect.

Some ambilobes get a very nice yellow background, with barley any green. Nice red bars, possibly a lot of orange instead of green and blue.

To them, “hey, that could get into a clutch with my Mitsio male and come out gorgeous!”

Then the offspring come out into coloring age, instead of nice reds, theyre now oranges, and instead of red bars as theyre growing, its now red bars with blues in them…etc.

You dont make any sense - You can get a shipment of "PURE" Nosy Faly and all the animals look diffrent. Not all panthers from the same locale LOOK the same.They do have the same general traits. When you physically SEE a box from madagascar come in from any local you will get males that vary in color. Some will be nicer than others. Some come out with really dull colors.

Yes they can very slightly and occasionally you get an odd ball or two (which I tend to steer clear of). Such as, Ambanja can have more or less reds in their barring but all of them generally look the same, your oddball may have orangish yellow background instead of that mint green. It also depends on your exporter and their collectors. A good rule of thumb if you are familiar with WCs and are thinking of purchasing WCs females tend to carry the same general traits as the males in the shipment and *stay away from shipment of multiple locales when purchasing female WCs* Actually, I would advise the general public to stay away from newly imported WCs, they are not pets. 95% *from my numbers last year* come in very unhealthy and with some kind of worms or parasites. Introducing them to you current captive chameleons can cause problems. But I have even seen some for sale that clearly show sub-Q worms and others that look like they have a day left. Many would not notice the little things, but the more you work with them and the more you see, the more you notice.

But that is neither here nor there, the fact is these groups do not look anything like the groups in the past so why not call them different names...and honestly I could care less, I have the ones I want. But you are going to loose the Oorena Mena look that has been present the last couple years if you start grouping these together.

-chris

Last edited:
But that is neither here nor there, the fact is these groups do not look anything like the groups in the past so why not call them different names...

I'm really over this thread but, just for the sake of accurate information, I know of AT LEAST three different shipments that came in this year of blue bar, white background, red spots, Oorana Mena males. From what I've seen/heard, two of them did not have green males (although one was only 2 males total.) Chris, I've shown you pictures of the bigger one.

Rocky,

Yes you can't tell if a female is green, but if the entire shipment looks the same like this last one did you can bet that those females hold the same genetics as the males. Also, I don't know if I really understood that last sentence, but I think you were saying if a breeder is going to breed the green recent falys with the ones that have white backgrounds and blue barring then I should not buy from him. Well thats easier said than done. When there are so few of both, do you think everyone is 100% honest. I mean look at the market today...there are mixes that are being sold as pure...why...to make a dollar.

Dean,

I agree, I don't like designer names. Like Mafana...what separates a Mafana from a Mitsio? I don't know but this case is different because there are definitely different looks. If there were not than there would be no posts in this thread. But a name is a name is a name. That is all locales are, a name that WE gave to animals looking a specific way. We say they generally came from that area. So in this case I think it does deserve to be categorized differently, because they look different. I think we can all agree they look different.

If two locales look different do we not call them different locales? I mean Ambanja and Ambato are very close and can be clumped together. But there are differences and thus people call some Ambato (aka blue diamond).

Chris

Hi,mafana means HOT,and the exporters called them this because they were impressed by them and everybody wanted one:)i belive it was also illegal/forbidden to collect for Nosy mitsio

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom