Nosy Faly Male Uninterested In Female

PardonMyPardalis

Established Member
Wassup cham fam is there anyone experinced with breeding Faly’s ? Can anyone give tips on why the male would be uninterested? Appreciate you guys.

Honestly, some dudes just aren't into breeding, others can just take forever if they do at all... I'd given up on breeding my super friendly guy (ambilobe), never showed interest in receptive females, until he was nearly 5 years old. Also seems like my friendlier chams are less likely to show receptive colors or try to breed, but that's just anecdotal

Honestly, some dudes just aren't into breeding, others can just take forever if they do at all... I'd given up on breeding my super friendly guy (ambilobe), never showed interest in receptive females, until he was nearly 5 years old. Also seems like my friendlier chams are less likely to show receptive colors or try to breed, but that's just anecdotal
Makes sense but i hope that is not the case with mine. I won’t give up on him ever. I will try to get his testosterone levels up with an occasional meet up with another male or mirror tactic and try again.

I think you said it all well....some of the "best" breeders were the more nasty (and aggressive to the female) males. They produced some of the best hatchlings too.

Is the female showing non-receptive coloration?
8658F39A-FC91-43DE-8327-EA3792940FE1.jpeg

He just watches her but no head bobbing or attempts are made 😂
Yeah, sounds like my weirdo... More interested in seeing if he'd get some free range time than in the girl... 🙃 Good luck though, doesn't hurt to keep trying. Playdates whenever she's receptive; at least you know he's not going to harass her and stress her out

Yeah, sounds like my weirdo... More interested in seeing if he'd get some free range time than in the girl... 🙃 Good luck though, doesn't hurt to keep trying. Playdates whenever she's receptive; at least you know he's not going to harass her and stress her out
That explainy his behavior as well. He just constantly wants out his cage, he is even developing nose rub from moving around so much makes me wonder….. he most likely does not feel comfortable for whatever reason and his attention is else where most likely. Also he does not react to my male at all even when the other male puffs up🫤

Back
Top Bottom