Night time humidity

IramBa

Hello,
I’m struggling to keep humidity up at night, it hasn’t rained for maybe 2 weeks here and at night the humidity inside my enclosure is between 50-60 overnight. I must for 8 minutes before lights off, is it worth misting overnight too? Or buying a fogger?
I have a male panther that’s just over a year old

Hello,
I’m struggling to keep humidity up at night, it hasn’t rained for maybe 2 weeks here and at night the humidity inside my enclosure is between 50-60 overnight. I must for 8 minutes before lights off, is it worth misting overnight too? Or buying a fogger?
I have a male panther that’s just over a year old
Foggers or humidifiers is the only way to go for the higher night time humidity IMO. Some people even need to cover three sides of the enclosure to achieve the humidity needed. That can be done with anything from using a shower curtain, window insulation film, trash bags and sheets of corrugated plastic ect.

I already have the back and one side covered with window film and the other side is half covered with it. Do you have a certain fogger that you’d recommend? The leap one looks good but there isn’t many reviews on it 😀

I've 2 foggers , ( not for one viv ) I just have 2, the zoomed repti fogger which has a bit higher output on full but only holds one liter and a habistat which is good which holds 4 ltr ( not sure if its available in the us .

I'm in the UK anyway, the leap and habistat ones look like they are the same but just different designs. Is the habistat one loud?

Nah bearly hear it ( though I do have 2 cannister filters running in the same room ) my new viv is back and sides solid bio and sitting at 68/72 overnight, you could try a couple of short mist through the night see what it takes it up too and for how long, do you have a device that you are tracking your temps and humidity 24 7

Yeah, I use the Govee humidity/temp trackers in 3 different places in the enclosure. I can get to around 60 most nights but constant 70% seems unreachable without something overnight to help, I'll buy a fogger and see what happens :)

You might find this interesting petrs chameleon page Facebook, scroll down to 15th April there are two videos by Bill strand and necas on fogging. Yeah the govee is handy ,you will be able to see when best to run your ie the coolest part of the night preferably below 18.5 , like others and I have tried its very unlikely to get a really high humidity, ( in the whole viv) so it's easier to direct the fog in the direction where your cham sleeps ( direction only ) not like straight at it to cause a draft. And not all night you can / could do 30 min on and off to create a natural fog rolling effect (

I already have the back and one side covered with window film and the other side is half covered with it. Do you have a certain fogger that you’d recommend? The leap one looks good but there isn’t many reviews on it 😀
The humidifier I like is very similar to Leaps called pets pioneer. Easy to add pvc pipe to pipe the fog up and across the top of the enclosure.
I forgot to submit this last night lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220604-120425_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604-120425_Gallery.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220414_154036.jpg
    20220414_154036.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 55
The humidifier I like is very similar to Leaps called pets pioneer. Easy to add pvc pipe to pipe the fog up and across the top of the enclosure.
I forgot to submit this last night lol
Do you have pipe raised up off the mesh, I have similar but in a square rather than a line but sometimes when resting on the mesh it gets blocked and the fog comes out the fogger lol 😆

The leap one works great!

Back
Top Bottom