Newbies

marcie

Hey everyone!! My husband and I are new to having chameleons. We are a “go big or go home” kind of family so of course we started our journey with not one, but 3 panther chameleons as well as an incubator full of 23 eggs ?. We both love how much info you all post. (Literally watching Neptune the Chameleon on every break at work lol). Anyways, super excited to finally get a couple good pics as “Frootloop” (names by one of the kids) is now ready to be handled a bit ❤️

Attachments

• 9D0DD5E0-7284-4574-93E9-601F4AB97EDC.jpeg
    9D0DD5E0-7284-4574-93E9-601F4AB97EDC.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 25D09940-4CA2-43E9-A3D4-4C4FEDCDA676.jpeg
    25D09940-4CA2-43E9-A3D4-4C4FEDCDA676.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 128
Normally, the lizard lounge is dead quiet. Posting in general discussion will get more people to see your posts.
Congrats on all the scales you have acquired! That is a HUGE commitment! And quite the leap! Lol

What size is Fruitloops enclosure? Is that a red light he has in there?

Normally, the lizard lounge is dead quiet. Posting in general discussion will get more people to see your posts.
Congrats on all the scales you have acquired! That is a HUGE commitment! And quite the leap! Lol

What size is Fruitloops enclosure? Is that a red light he has in there?
Thanks Amanda. The enclosure is approx 2x2x4 and yes. We got a red light with it and were told that’s what we should use, however after doing some research we will be switching it out. We are currently building custom enclosures with better lighting and drainage:)

Thanks Amanda. The enclosure is approx 2x2x4 and yes. We got a red light with it and were told that’s what we should use, however after doing some research we will be switching it out. We are currently building custom enclosures with better lighting and drainage:)
So, do you know which supplements you will be using, what the schedule will be, and what type of lighting you will be using? If you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Fruitloop is beautiful. He looks to be a YBBB ambilobe. Is he?

I do believe that @Gingero would love to hear you watch her videos (Neptune the Chameleon). She produces a ton of great content on a wide variety of chameleon husbandry topics!

Fruitloop is beautiful. He looks to be a YBBB ambilobe. Is he?

I have a schedule printed off copied from a Neptune the Chameleon video I watched so I have calcium and multivitamins with and without D3. I have 1 linear UVB HO 5.0 I will be using with the next cages (I need to buy 2 more). I’m not sure what YBBB means?

Oh, it just means yellow body blue bar. And i believe that is what Fruitloop is, but I do not know. Lol.

Thats great. If you got the schedule from here, I am sure it is correct. Good choice on lights too. If you havent already purchased the bulb itself you might like checking out Arcadia lighting, they have a 6% bulb (same as the 5.0) that lasts a year instead of the usual 6 months (which is how often "they" suggest you change your 5.0 bulb)

Oh, it just means yellow body blue bar. And i believe that is what Fruitloop is, but I do not know. Lol.

Thats great. If you got the schedule from here, I am sure it is correct. Good choice on lights too. If you havent already purchased the bulb itself you might like checking out Arcadia lighting, they have a 6% bulb (same as the 5.0) that lasts a year instead of the usual 6 months (which is how often "they" suggest you change your 5.0 bulb)

Thank you so much!! I was looking at both type of bulbs and wasn’t sure which way to go. I’m Super excited to get the enclosures ready. We’ve been doing a ton of research. Any idea on a good incubator? It’s an aspect we’re struggling with.
As for Frootloop, we were only told he’s an F1 Ambilobe. So I’m not really sure ??‍♀️

Thank you so much!! I was looking at both type of bulbs and wasn’t sure which way to go. I’m Super excited to get the enclosures ready. We’ve been doing a ton of research. Any idea on a good incubator? It’s an aspect we’re struggling with.
As for Frootloop, we were only told he’s an F1 Ambilobe. So I’m not really sure ??‍♀️
I have only hatched 2 eggs (and they were veiled) which I kept up in the top of bedroom closet with no incubator. I hear a lot of breeders do it that way, though I do not know if it is specific to veiled or not. I really dont know about panther eggs. Perhaps someone like @Matt Vanilla Gorilla or @salty dog can help you better with panther eggs.

So happy to hear you've been enjoying my videos :) Sorry I don't have any on incubating eggs. That's an adventure I haven't tackled yet.

So happy to hear you've been enjoying my videos :) Sorry I don't have any on incubating eggs. That's an adventure I haven't tackled yet.

I absolutely LOVE the videos!!! They are amazing for newbies and I spend my breaks at work watching them <3

Back
Top Bottom