jpd11009

Hi my name is John! I’ve been trying to get everything together so I can eventually bring home a baby chameleon. Just a few questions for you veteran owners: do you bring your chameleons outside to play? Does it stress them to be held? Should I never pick mine up? Are there times when I should? What are common reasons they go to the vet? And any other tips! Thank you!

Hi my name is John! I’ve been trying to get everything together so I can eventually bring home a baby chameleon. Just a few questions for you veteran owners: do you bring your chameleons outside to play? Does it stress them to be held? Should I never pick mine up? Are there times when I should? What are common reasons they go to the vet? And any other tips! Thank you!
not a veteran, but I bring my chameleon onto a plant outside, but don't expect chameleons to play. I bring mine outside to bask, they prefer the sunlight to artificial lighting. It stresses them to be held for the most part, but some of them are a lot more tolerant of handling than others, mine climbs on me when I open the cage.

Limited outside time for the can be beneficial as @PabloTheCham pointed out. When you first get your cham though, it might be best to limit handling while they adjust to their new home and grow more comfortable with you. Occasional handling can be good to build that trust as long as they are not showing signs of being too stressed. Depending on where you get your cham from, initial vet visit would be to establish a relationship with a vet and get a fecal done to check for parasites. After that, either annual check ups or as needed if you have concerns.

Back
Top Bottom