Newbie Lay Bin Help

KarmaBlaydes

Forgive me. I have done a lot of reading, a lot of googling, but I still can't find the proper sand and soil for my lay bin. Can someone link me (I'm in U.S.A.) to a site I can buy (washed?) Play sand and soil for my chameleon? Please.

You can get a big bag of play sand at any home improvement store. It’s usually kept over by the concrete mix. You will want to rinse it thru before using to help rinse out the excess dust, even if it says ‘washed’. You don’t need to add any soil to the lay bin unless you want to put a plant in a corner of it. When I’ve added soil, I just use organic garden soil with no additives. This may help.

Thank you all. Home Depot is too far from me. I have organic potting soil. I had used the reptisoil for the lay bin tho. She isnt interested.

Any specific brand I can get? Price doesn't matter to me.

Thank you all. Home Depot is too far from me. I have organic potting soil. I had used the reptisoil for the lay bin tho. She isnt interested.

Do you have any hardware stores nearby? Ace, Lowe’s or any mom & pop stores?

How far is too far? Google: washed play sand [zip code or city/town]

"Washed play sand" is what has been recommended, and washing it again to remove residual or subsequent dust/debris. You can mix the organic potting soil with it, but not everyone does.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/search/1399496/?q=lay+bin+substrate&o=relevance

1632067744945.png

Back
Top Bottom