new!!

Amber Dendoncker

hallo allemaal !!! ik ben nieuw hier en zelf heb ik een kininyonyia Boehmei. zelf ben ik helemaal nieuw in het vak op gebied van kameleons, mijn kameleon noemt Leon en is nog erg jong. ik heb wel een vraagje, Leon krabt steeds aan de glaswant van zijn terrarium en ik weet niet waarom, zelf verkleurt hij ook niet en blijft heel de tijd bruin. heeft iemand wat tips en tricks wat er aan de hand is en wat ik kan doen? groetjes amber

hallo allemaal !!! ik ben nieuw hier en zelf heb ik een kininyonyia Boehmei. zelf ben ik helemaal nieuw in het vak op gebied van kameleons, mijn kameleon noemt Leon en is nog erg jong. ik heb wel een vraagje, Leon krabt steeds aan de glaswant van zijn terrarium en ik weet niet waarom, zelf verkleurt hij ook niet en blijft heel de tijd bruin. heeft iemand wat tips en tricks wat er aan de hand is en wat ik kan doen? groetjes amber
Nederlander? Spreekt u Engels? Ik denk niet dat hier iemand Nederlands spreekt.

ohh i'm sorry i thought that my computer did the translate... the thing is that i'm new, i have a kinyonyia boehmie. i'm pretty new with chameleons. my chameleon his name is Leon and is still pretty young. i do have a question! Leon scraches a lot on his wall of glass ( i'm sorry for my english) en i don't know why he does that. he doesn't chance in color and keeps the color brown.. do any of you have some tips and tricks what i can do ? lots of love amber

ohh i'm sorry i thought that my computer did the translate... the thing is that i'm new, i have a kinyonyia boehmie. i'm pretty new with chameleons. my chameleon his name is Leon and is still pretty young. i do have a question! Leon scraches a lot on his wall of glass ( i'm sorry for my english) en i don't know why he does that. he doesn't chance in color and keeps the color brown.. do any of you have some tips and tricks what i can do ? lots of love amber
Welcome! I don’t know whether you know of Mario Jungmann, but he is has decades of experience with montane species, and kinyongia in particular. He too is in the Netherlands, and would be a great contact for you. You can search his name on Facebook. Finding the right one is easy: just look for chameleon pictures. I don’t have any experience with boehmie, but if you can tell us about the conditions in which you keep him, we might be able to help.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Welcome! I don’t know whether you know of Mario Jungmann, but he is has decades of experience with montane species, and kinyongia in particular. He too is in the Netherlands, and would be a great contact for you. You can search his name on Facebook. Finding the right one is easy: just look for chameleon pictures. I don’t have any experience with boehmie, but if you can tell us about the conditions in which you keep him, we might be able to help.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
ah that's good to hear, i will look for him very soon. ehh i have a terrarrium for my chameleon, the thing is made from glass, my temprature is about 23-26 degree by day and 17.5-18.5 by night. i give him every morning some crickets, he is to smal for grasshoppers. in his box he has about 3 sticks to climb on and a plant to hide in. i have a little waterfall as a drinking source and i filter it every day. my ground is some sort of coconut mix ground stuff... it's special for chams. i do have 2 african snales in it but they are verry big so i think that's not a problem.... i just don't know why he doesn't chance any color.

ah that's good to hear, i will look for him very soon. ehh i have a terrarrium for my chameleon, the thing is made from glass, my temprature is about 23-26 degree by day and 17.5-18.5 by night. i give him every morning some crickets, he is to smal for grasshoppers. in his box he has about 3 sticks to climb on and a plant to hide in. i have a little waterfall as a drinking source and i filter it every day. my ground is some sort of coconut mix ground stuff... it's special for chams. i do have 2 african snales in it but they are verry big so i think that's not a problem.... i just don't know why he doesn't chance any color.
Chameleons typically change colour because of environmental conditions: they turn light when they are hot, vivid when they are trying to intimidate, dark when they are cold, etc. I could be way off on this, but I think your nightime temps are a bit high. Boehmie are high elevation chameleons, so my guess is a nightime temp of 10-15 is ideal. Could you take a few pics of his enclosure? What kind of uvb are you using?

[QUOTE = "Kaizen, post: 1551464, lid: 54191"]
Kameleons veranderen meestal van kleur vanwege de omgevingsomstandigheden: ze worden licht als ze warm zijn, levendig als ze proberen te intimideren, donker als ze koud zijn, enz. Ik kan hier ver mee af zijn, maar ik denk dat je nachtelijke tempels een beetje zijn hoog. Boehmie zijn kameleons op grote hoogte, dus ik denk dat een nachttemperatuur van 10-15 ideaal is. Kun je een paar foto's van zijn verblijf nemen? Wat voor soort uvb gebruik je?
[/CITAAT]
yeah sure, i will take some... i use uvb that is 150 and 100 watt,

Attachments

• IMG_1100[1].JPG
    IMG_1100[1].JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1101[1].JPG
    IMG_1101[1].JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1098[1].JPG
    IMG_1098[1].JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 223
[QUOTE = "Kaizen, post: 1551464, lid: 54191"]
Kameleons veranderen meestal van kleur vanwege de omgevingsomstandigheden: ze worden licht als ze warm zijn, levendig als ze proberen te intimideren, donker als ze koud zijn, enz. Ik kan hier ver mee af zijn, maar ik denk dat je nachtelijke tempels een beetje zijn hoog. Boehmie zijn kameleons op grote hoogte, dus ik denk dat een nachttemperatuur van 10-15 ideaal is. Kun je een paar foto's van zijn verblijf nemen? Wat voor soort uvb gebruik je?
[/CITAAT]
yeah sure, i will take some... i use uvb that is 150 and 100 watt,
I would highly recommend upgrading your uvb source to a linear t5 high output. Those screw-in bulbs don’t typically provide sufficient uvb. Also, you might consider a redesign of your cage. Try to have horizontal branches in the higher areas and a densely planted middle area n

Back
Top Bottom