New Veiled Chameleon owner

Mojolet

Hey so My bf got a chameleon from petsmart and they sold him every thing he doesn’t need. He needs help and a Newbie reptile/chameleon owner. This is our Marty/Mari (he thinks it’s a boy because petsmart told him) 90ED09FE-AF78-402F-9742-3213C1CD58F8.jpeg Any tips for a new owner we just gother to eat consistently, I think she doesn’t like crickets. She’s usually green especially when she sees my bf
B4AE6C0D-A7EB-4C92-8E42-F1BA8EE5E9D9.jpeg
her feet.

Hello! I did the SAME thing! Veiled chameleon girl from Petsmart complete with the Chameleon Kit. First, this Chameleon Kit is not fit for the size of chameleon you have, it's too small and the UVB bulb in the kit does not give the right amount of UVB which will eventually give your girl MBD.

Here is the care sheet I follow for my girl. This is meant to be a living document so the information in it will most likely change each year as we continue to learn about the best ways to care for these amazing creatures.

The Chameleon Academy and Neptune the Chameleon are the best places to learn about chameleon care.

The first things you need to update are the cage size, the UVB light, and the supplements, and make sure you have all live plants. Veiled chameleons will eat the plants in their enclosure and fake plants can cause impaction, which they can die from.

I would recommend getting this chameleon kit here, its got everything you actually need for a chameleon, and its nice that it's in a kit so you don't need to worry about buying all the right stuff separately. All of the videos on this page are SUPER helpful! Watch all of those and you will have a great start on proper care for your beautiful girl.

Back
Top Bottom