New Setup! Pic Heavy/Lots of Text

Dnectrum

Ok, So I have finally set up everything! I think I've done a good job getting everything setup for my Veiled Chameleon before it comes (August 27th). I am just looking for some input from many of the experienced Chameleon Care Takers =P

-Supplies-
Cage: DIYCAGE, 2'x2'x4'
Plants: 2 Gold Cappella's - Repotted in Sand/Coco Fiber
Fake Foilage: 2 ExoTerra Vines, 1 T-Rex Biovine - Varying Sizes / 3 Flukers Pothos Vines(Leaves), 1 Exo Terra Vine(Leaves) / 2 Wooden Dowels
Home Depot Run: 24' of 3/4" Stock + 2 Wooden Dowels, Play Sand, Coco Fiber, Garden Mister (Light Mist)
Lighting: 1 24' Hood + 18" Reptisun 5.0, ZooMed Clamp Lamp + 50W-60W Basking Bulb
Water Distribution: Little Dripper, Hand Mister + Garden Mister.

-Temperature + Humidity-
I have managed to maintain a solid 87-89 Degree Basking Spot, and a 75-76 Degree Lower End, while keeping Humidity between 56-74%.

-Drainage-
With the 3/4" Stock, I have built a simple stand raising the overall height of the cage 5 inches, I can easily slip a water pan under the cage and let any excess water in the cage drip through the 8 holes in the center of the base lined with screen to prevent feeder escape.

-Pictures-
Full Cage

The Upper Half of Cage

Drainage Holes, Plant Pots + Stand

3/4" Stock Cage Bottom + Water Pan

Dense Jungle!

All in All, I think It should be good, There are plenty of ways to adjust vines and mix up the inside however, I think I have supplied him with plenty of vines to climb around on at different levels and plenty of places to HIDE! Practically blocked the guy in some of the more active spots from the outside of his cage.

Let me know what you think, I am up for any input!

I think you have done a fabulous job :). Let me know if you have any questions or problems with the sand/husk mixture. Keep up the great work!

Great set up!! My only advice would be to watch how close the vines get to the top of the cage. Little veileds do not really know how to regulate, and being so close to the bulbs could cause a burn. Keep your temps steady and he/she will most assuredly grow happy and healthy!!

Awesome! Thanks for the comments everyone. The Chameleon I will be getting is close to 5 months Old.

As far as temperatures go, I will make sure to monitor them frequently and adjust the enclosure accordingly =)

Use a regular light bulb for basking and check the temp at the basking spot before you put the little bugger in.:D

Nick

I believe the wood is pressure treated at most, Anyways, The moisture hardly effects it to say the least. I see no splitting or swelling from intense absorption.

Back
Top Bottom