New Pygmy eggs!

ponders

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well my very, very plump (ok huge) pygmy finally laid her eggs yesterday. She was way down in a hole when I checked on her all I could see was moving leaves. She finally appeared hours later, not too dirty and lots skinnier! I searched for eggs today with my big paintbrush (which worked pretty well) and I found 4 perfect little eggs. They are shaped like tictacs, but definately larger.
Here are pictures of the eggs and the proud mom and I couldn't resist putting in one of my 2 week old panther.
CIMG2293.jpg

CIMG2294.jpg

CIMG2298.jpg

CIMG2305.jpg

ohhh lovely! my female is gravid atm what should i look out for as signs of her laying?

Well mine was so huge (Pixie)she looked like she was going to pop. I did notice that she started sleeping in a new spot and the male stood guard nearby. I would see her cruising around on the ground a lot, but when she saw me she would head right up into the plants. So I velcro'd some green leafy looking fabric around the glass so she could have some privacy. I don't know when she was bred so couldn't go from that to guess when she'd lay. But she is back to her regular sleeping spot. I can relate to being big and pregnant and uncomfortable. Hopefully Peter (Pan) will give her time to recover. I just hatched a panther egg so I'm looking forward to these, although I'll have to wait 3 months!

Back
Top Bottom