New owner looking for help/conformation with supplies

I've been watching a lot of videos from a keeper here on the forums and their channel is called Neptunethechamelon. I found a lot of the info I got here to be super helpful, and I tried to copy just about every bit of her husbandry as I could but sometimes, she doesn 't show specific bands. I'm wondering if I've purchased the right supplies from the right place, my cham Fred will be arriving on 12/10/20 so I need help a.s.a.p.
Supplies are as follow-
Enclosure: Drangon strand tall hybrid enclosure with drip tray 24x24x48
Misting system: Gen 5 mistking with day/night/hygrometer timer
Timers: Standard digital outlit from amazon
Measuring systems: Solarmeter from amazon, hygrometer/ digital thermometer from amazon, infrared temperature gun
Lights+ fixture: standard 65 watt flood lights (yet to be purchased) Fluker's ceramic reptile clamp lamp (purchased) Arcadia D3 6% UVB T5 Bulb - 22" , Arcadia ProT5 UVB Kit 24" With Bulb
Plants: planning on Jade plant, bromeliad, yucca, Dracaena lemon-lime, golden pothos, snake plant (open to suggestions)
Branches: I have no idea where to buy them from because we don't have trees I can use here in vegas
Supplements: reptivite multi-vitamins w/o d3, & rep-cal calcuim with and w/o d3
Diet: My chameleon will be 3 months when he arrives so I'm apprehensive about giving him Dubia's so I'm thinking about just getting superworms and crickets his first week home though I doubt he'll eat much.
I would like to know I'm missing any supplies, where I can get good plants form, what kind of plants I should get, where I can get (live) branches from, if the vitamins i'm planning on are any good and if my diet for Fred sounds nutritious enough for his first week home. I purchases a lot of my supplies on amazon and my vitamins on Chewy so I wanted to know where you guys get your bugs because I was planning on Josh's frogs since petco might not have everything in stock. Thanks so much! I'll most likely update this into a more complete and organized list later but for now I just wanted to know if things sound good so far.

I've been watching a lot of videos from a keeper here on the forums and their channel is called Neptunethechamelon. I found a lot of the info I got here to be super helpful, and I tried to copy just about every bit of her husbandry as I could but sometimes, she doesn 't show specific bands. I'm wondering if I've purchased the right supplies from the right place, my cham Fred will be arriving on 12/10/20 so I need help a.s.a.p.
Supplies are as follow-
Enclosure: Drangon strand tall hybrid enclosure with drip tray 24x24x48
Misting system: Gen 5 mistking with day/night/hygrometer timer
Timers: Standard digital outlit from amazon
Measuring systems: Solarmeter from amazon, hygrometer/ digital thermometer from amazon, infrared temperature gun
Lights+ fixture: standard 65 watt flood lights (yet to be purchased) Fluker's ceramic reptile clamp lamp (purchased) Arcadia D3 6% UVB T5 Bulb - 22" , Arcadia ProT5 UVB Kit 24" With Bulb
Plants: planning on Jade plant, bromeliad, yucca, Dracaena lemon-lime, golden pothos, snake plant (open to suggestions)
Branches: I have no idea where to buy them from because we don't have trees I can use here in vegas
Supplements: reptivite multi-vitamins w/o d3, & rep-cal calcuim with and w/o d3
Diet: My chameleon will be 3 months when he arrives so I'm apprehensive about giving him Dubia's so I'm thinking about just getting superworms and crickets his first week home though I doubt he'll eat much.
I would like to know I'm missing any supplies, where I can get good plants form, what kind of plants I should get, where I can get (live) branches from, if the vitamins i'm planning on are any good and if my diet for Fred sounds nutritious enough for his first week home. I purchases a lot of my supplies on amazon and my vitamins on Chewy so I wanted to know where you guys get your bugs because I was planning on Josh's frogs since petco might not have everything in stock. Thanks so much! I'll most likely update this into a more complete and organized list later but for now I just wanted to know if things sound good so far.
Hi and welcome! :) All sounds pretty good. You don’t say what kind of chameleon you’ll be getting? You may want to rethink your plants a bit...not sure how the succulents and snake plant will do. Here’s a great list to go by. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/ Do keep in mind the light needs of some of the plants. You may need to use a good plant light. I use these and they are strong enough to keep my hibiscus alive and thriving. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKKG8Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For supplements, if you haven’t already purchased them, why not get the Reptivite with D3 and then you’ll only have 2 supplements...calcium without D3 for all feeding except one every other week in which you’ll use the Reptivite with D3.
Superworms tend to be on the big side and are probably too big for a 3 month old. Instead you could try small silkworms, bsfl (aka calci worms, Phoenix worms) and baby dubia.
For natural branches and vines, have you tried Etsy? Driftwood is always very nice and manzanita is gorgeous. Just avoid pine and others that have sap.
Do make sure to check out the forum sponsors for feeders and such.

Thanks so much for your response! Since I have just ordered a bunch of stuff I've seen an older video that literally tells me everything to get down to the outlet timer!
I had just seen a general article on plants that are safe and easy to grow but that chameleonacademy article was really, really helpful!
I'm not sure on the use of plant light because I'm a first time and I don't want to run the risk of any lights interfering with my cham's sleep schedule/temperature since he's going to have a mesh enclosure in Vegas.
I want to make sure he's going to get sufficient calcium so I elected to follow a care routine in which he gets calcium no d-3 6 days a week and then his multi-vitamin (no D-3) and calcium with D-3 alternating but again this is because I'm a new keeper and don't want to risk him getting too much D3.
I heard that they're rare but if I can get my hands on silkworms, I'd be happy to have the option to offer them as a feeder. I also heard the baby's can be picky and won't eat the dubia's but again, i'll have to wait and see what he'll eat.
I've pursued Etsy and i'm still in the mist of looking but it appears they mostly have driftwood and whatnot which is more suited to geckos and snakes.
I'll definitely look out for the sponsored section! Thank you so much for your help :)
Also still open for comments you can never have too much help!

If you look into the jungledawn Arcadia plant light with fixture this will connect to the T5 unit and you don’t have an extra plug and will run off the same light timer as your uvb

Back
Top Bottom