<----new old guy

gregdabender

Hi all !! Last saturday I fell off the reptile wagon :p

About 13 years ago I had a desent size reptile addiction of Igunanas (breeding pair),Nile monitor, Savanna monitor, Tegu, Albino burmese python and too many other over a 10 year period..(ack that kinda gives away my age...im 32 btw) so if your paying attention I started keeping reptiles at the age of 9. I also ran a brief "fan club" newsletter which ran about 6 months named Reptiles Inc. which had a listing in Reptiles magazine.

Anyhow I have always loved chameleons but back then you rarely saw them in reptiles speciality stores. I did run into a store which had a Jacksons chameleon which I bought and he lasted a mere two days...more then likely due to it being a wild caught animal severely stressed and put into the hands of a inexperienced cham keeper. that whole experience kinda made me stay away from chams in general...fast forward 13 years and a divorce (thank god !! my ex wife hated reptiles). I dove back in feet first after stopping at a reptile speciality store out of pure curiosity near St.Louis Mo. and saw CAPTIVE BRED veiled chameleons !!!! So much has changed in the last 13 years.

So here I am the proud new owner of a 3 month ago Veiled chameleon (captive rasied even !!) as of saturday and he is doing great !!! I have been browsing these forums that last few days soaking in so much information and I must say this place rocks thank you all !!! Anyhow sorry for the long winded intro.

Have a great day !

welcome, im glad you found this place.
you will get everything you need to know and you
can even show off your cham here.

we are expecting pictures now.

So glad to hear that. The addiction begins. Ok it's been a day, where are the pics? You have to learn on here, we want pics when you post. So hurry up. lol

Debby

What species are you indulging in? And who is enabling you?

Hillarious!

Gesang from your signature line it appears that your recovery is not going well either

This may be one addiction that can't be overcome:D

Sean

Back
Top Bottom