New Member!!

chak

Ello all! I don't have any chameleons yet but I do plan on getting a jackson chameleon as my first! Any advice would be appreciated :)) You can just call me chak. Preferred pronouns is they/them. Hope you have a lovely week! Chameleons are very neat creatures, I can't wait to learn more about 'em!

The major things to keep in mind for them is the nighttime temperature drop and lower supplementation schedules (and surprise live birth for females). Upper 50s to low 60s is recommended for the night temps and the supplement schedule will depend on the brands you choose (you can let us know if you have any particular brands in mind and we can help determine the appropriate schedule that’ll be best for you).

A couple great qualities in Jackson’s is that they do not eat plants which gives you a bit more freedom in the plant selection and their generally less aggressive behavior (but do not misinterpret this as a sign of being able to be handled more, unnecessary stress will be detrimental to your chameleons health) If you are interested you can learn more on selecting a chameleon, chameleon care, health issues, supplements, setup, shopping, plant care and positioning, and more at the CaskAbove.com website. Hope this helps and Welcome to the fam! ☺️

Cool! Thank you all!! I am able to get the temperatures to what they need it to at night. I'll watch the videos, check out the website, and let you guys know :)

Back
Top Bottom