New member and new chameleon mom in need of help

Missliz

Hi everyone!! Hoping for some advice.
I was given a chameleon 4 days ago, I was told by the previous owner he thought she had broken ribs due to a fall. So I brought her home and started researching. That day set up her enclosure with a nesting bin as that's what I thought was the problem. The previous owner never gave her one and I thought she was egg bound. For 2 days she spent digging holes, I then read if she saw anyone close she would abandon the hole thinking it was unsafe, 3rd day I stayed out of the room completely, that evening late I snuck in and noticed she closed up the hole and made a huge mound on top. She's much skinnier but very dark in color. Is this normal? She ate lots and very much enjoyed being misted. I was very worried she wasn't able to lay the eggs at all as I don't know how long she has been like this. I haven't look in the bin yet to see if any or how many there are. I just know she doesn't look anything like she did at first.

Attachments

• 6514556451.jpg
    6514556451.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_17621.jpg
    IMG_17621.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_17721.jpg
    IMG_17721.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_17591(1).jpg
    IMG_17591(1).jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 63
So glad she laid! That is a lot of eggs! You’ll want to feed and hydrate her very well for the next couple of days. Then you can start her on 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week to help reduce any future egg production.

Back
Top Bottom