New LED Reptibreeze

Good find. Reptibreeze finally got in on the tray business. I'll have to watch the video to see the lights. Upping their game.

It does look nice but I am really not a fan of LED lights. I think they are harsh and do not illuminate as well as they claim. And I doubt they do anything in terms of heat or UV light. That would be nice if they did though. I like the door and the flip up screen at the bottom and the tray too. I could not find a price anywhere though.

Looks just okay. The tray looks more of a substrate tray rather than a drainage tray which doesn't help much. The LED lights aren't going to sub for UVB and heat so it's just for extra lighting I guess; However, I don't think colored lights like that are preferred for Chams. I'm not sure it's a good choice but that's just my opinion at first glance of a picture.

Well as far as the price goes, I imagine it will be north of the price of the normal XL reptibreeze but since it isn't on sale yet, we'll have to wait and see. I was just doing some digging around in preparation for Nigel's big cage once he's old enough. He's just shy of 5 months right now but getting started right now. I don't believe the LEDs are being marketed as a heating source, as they don't heat up at all really. I'll wait and see what it looks like maybe once LLLReptile (they're local in my area) have them to take a look.

It looks like the led's are more for the humans than the reptiles. It has like 3 different color leds, so it's for humans to have multiple colors to look at their reptiles with. And Led's in a strip themselves won't offer any heat source at all.

The LED purpose will most likely be as sellable replaceable plant bulbs for live plant growth. An extra cash influx. ReefH20.com has them for sale, but you need to sign in for an account. Therefore giving away your email address for them to most likely sale. Otherwise, they wouldn't make you give it to see a price. But, they have it with an 'Add to cart' button, for the interested.

Last edited:
The LED purpose will most likely be as sellable replaceable plant bulbs for live plant growth. An extra cash influx. ReefH20.com has them for sale, but you need to sign in for an account. Therefore giving away your email address for them to most likely sale. Otherwise, they wouldn't make you give it to see a price. But, they have it with an 'Add to cart' button, for the interested.

Boo...looks like they're a wholesaler. You need to register with your wholesaler Tax/ID to view any pricing. Oh well, I'll wait. Nice find though!

Cages will almost always be cheapest from amazon. I check there maybe twice a month and wait for free prime shipping. I have bought plenty of the 18"x18"x36" cages for $45-50 each with free shipping. Gotta be patient. (Gotten 36" T5 HO Reptisun bulbs for $12-16 with free shipping too)

i thought about a tray but then i realized i wouldn't be able to use one. i have a centerpiece that sits directly on the bottom that i never remove.

It looks cool but its kind of gimicky to me. More for aesthetics than function. Who knows though, some people might love it.

The place were getting my Jacks from got one in.. he told me he would order it for me so I could check it out (did last weekend), and if I didn't want it, no big deal, I didn't have to buy it. I didn't.. Im thinking about it.. but didn't... its pretty big,.. and he told me its expensive (Im thinking 250.) but that he would do 200 for me. I have a reseller tax ID and could sign up... doesn't bother me a bit..

My hang up is if the lights bother him.. at some point obviously the lights would have to be turned off... during the day, I don't imagine you could see them much unless you turned the lights off in the room... whats the point.. if there is a huge cost difference between the largest cage and the extra large LED... and the only benefit is the fancy lighting.. I say go biggest cage, ditch the LED and if you ever want it, buy a strip and do it yourself. If that makes any sense what so ever..

Normally I'd advocate for leds and these will grow plants but nothing for the cameleon,I'd opt for a dual t5 to accomplish the plants needs and chameleons. I run a high powered led system over my reef tank with excellent results but that's an entirely different ecosystem with way different requirements

It gives me a meh, it's shiny and stuff. "ooh lights" kinda vibe.

Surprised they didn't add a blue light and a stars and stripes background. Push here *arrow* and it plays America the Beautiful, the elevator version.

I saw one set up at the Daytona Reptile show. I was not impressed. It was 199$ and usually show prices are a little bit cheaper than store prices. The lights are really harsh and at the same time has a Christmas light look. The one I saw had red and white lights. They are not like the led strip lights that you can buy where the bulbs are so close together that it looks like one seamless light source. This looks like a string of Christmas lights with bulbs spaced a few inches apart.

I saw one set up at the Daytona Reptile show. I was not impressed. It was 199$ and usually show prices are a little bit cheaper than store prices. The lights are really harsh and at the same time has a Christmas light look. The one I saw had red and white lights. They are not like the led strip lights that you can buy where the bulbs are so close together that it looks like one seamless light source. This looks like a string of Christmas lights with bulbs spaced a few inches apart.
They are probably using optics to make them focused like that. They could probably be removed but st 200 shouldn't have to

Back
Top Bottom