New Enclosure

emrose

I have a female veiled Cham who is close to 1 year old. I got her from PetSmart when she was about 8 months and it was before I was as well educated as I am now in Chameleon care. I was talked into buying a glass cage with a screen top for ventilation. I do like it because it keeps the humidity in very well, but as she has grown it has become a bit too small for her I think. I want more places for her to be able to explore up, its definitely not as tall as I would want. I know a lot of people say screw cages are much better. I would love some recommendations on enclosures that people really like that keep humidity well (I do use live plants to help with this and mist 2-3 times a day) and have room for their chams to explore! Attached is a picture of Alfredo (I named her when I thought she was a boy)

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpeg
    IMG_2572.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 71
Just saying for a veiled you generally don’t want that high of humidity, ideal is actually pretty low compared to a lot of chams, about 30-50 percent DURING THE DAY. During the night it’s actually best if you can it really high.

Just saying for a veiled you generally don’t want that high of humidity, ideal is actually pretty low compared to a lot of chams, about 30-50 percent DURING THE DAY. During the night it’s actually best if you can it really high.
I didn't know that! I have always heard around 50-60 so that makes me feel better about the screen enclosure. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom