New Chammie Mom

DoveSnow

Hello!
I go by Dove Snow, I wanted to introduce myself. I’m sure I’ll be around, likely asking many questions or lurking to learn from others. We welcomed our first Cham yesterday after months of research and planning (still happily learning though!) and we are on cloud nine with our 2.5 month old sweet little Panther Chameleon.

I have already learned so much about keeping and helping our Cham thrive on these forums. It’s been one of the best resources! I’m officially a member now that we have our sweet little guy (at least I was told he was a guy 🤪). I will post pictures as soon as he’s settled. I don’t want to handle him anytime soon so he gets accustomed to his new surroundings. My avatar is his picture from the breeder though!

Thank you for reading and I look forward to learning much from you all!

Welcome to the forum and the world of chameleons!
Your chameleon is very young! Hope it does well for you!
Yes, honestly, I was actually taken aback at how small he was when we got him. I was nervous with his size and age being a first timer. I questioned it as well but the breeder says he is how he should be. She has been very helpful and responsive to my queries. It’s another reason why I decided to join. I want to make sure I give our Cham the best so he can thrive.

Hopefully it's a male...but if it's a female, please let us know so we can tell you about reproduction.
Oh I will! I requested a boy because I was scared of everything I read about egg binding and all that can go wrong with females…plus the lower life expectancy. If we have a girl I will be very dependent on guidance and someone to calm my nerves lol 💕thank you!

Yes, honestly, I was actually taken aback at how small he was when we got him. I was nervous with his size and age being a first timer. I questioned it as well but the breeder says he is how he should be. She has been very helpful and responsive to my queries. It’s another reason why I decided to join. I want to make sure I give our Cham the best so he can thrive.
You’re in the right place, welcome!

Oh I will! I requested a boy because I was scared of everything I read about egg binding and all that can go wrong with females…plus the lower life expectancy. If we have a girl I will be very dependent on guidance and someone to calm my nerves lol 💕thank you!
What are you feeding now?

Don’t worry: even if you ended up with a female, you have a million years of evolution on your side. Give her the right conditions, and egg laying is usually not a problem.

Don’t worry: even if you ended up with a female, you have a million years of evolution on your side. Give her the right conditions, and egg laying is usually not a problem.
That makes me feel better :) thank you for the encouragement!

Here’s a pic of my baby from today:
95D518C1-98B2-4D87-9223-E55143EB05D2.jpeg

What are you feeding now?
He eats quite a few mini crickets daily now. Some I allow him to hunt but I also got a feeder from full throttle feeders as I was worried as he seemed to have a harder time hunting with how big his cage is with so much foliage (plus some of the crickets get smart and hide in the bottom corners and baby Cham doesn’t go down to the bottom). I just ordered some small meal worms today to introduce as a treat as well. Is that okay?

More like 60 - 100 million years, but who's counting? 🤓

Here’s a pic of my baby from today:
What a cute little Gnommer! (As in... ZOT! .... YOINK! .... Gnom, Gnom, Gnom .... GULP!)

I just ordered some small meal worms today to introduce as a treat as well. Is that okay?
That's very okay. FWIW, I usually get 'giant mealworms'; contrary to the hype, they're about the same size, but they keep a lot longer in the fridge. ;)

Back
Top Bottom