New Cham Setup

My Veiled actually didn't like his substrate. Tried it for a week to keep in humidity. Took it out when I saw him start trying to eat it. He use to walk on it all the time too. After I took it out I haven't seen him on the bottom walking and he seems more ALIVE and happy since removing it. It also sucked at keeping in humidity too haha

That doesn't make sense, why would it suck at holding humidity? And maybe he was walking on it because he liked it. Chameleons are known to go to the ground at times. To me that would sound like building a kid a playground, but taking it down because you saw the kids playing on it lol.

That doesn't make sense, why would it suck at holding humidity? And maybe he was walking on it because he liked it. Chameleons are known to go to the ground at times. To me that would sound like building a kid a playground, but taking it down because you saw the kids playing on it lol.

I agree, the moist soil (from where I water my plants) will help retain humidity. My husband built an acrylic box to put in the bottom and I designed a false bottom using egg crate material so my soil doesn’t become putrid. The water drains off the soil into the false bottom where it will eventually evaporate!

Well he scared me when he started eating the playground!!! But no it didn't really help in my situation. I'm not running a bioactive setup so it wasn't necessary anyway.

Back
Top Bottom