New cage item(s)?

Mushy

Good morning, I purchased a 24 x 24 x 48in mesh cage for my cham yesterday since he's growing quite quick and all, but, I was wondering if anybody had some recommendations for some good branches for this size of cage? this isn't an immediate switch to the new cage since my cham is only 14w but I would like to be prepared for when I do need to upgrade him on over to the new cage.

Sweet, thanks for the recommendations! And sorry for the late reply and all but, I really do appreciate the assistance.

So, I just got Karma today. He's in a baby bin per the breeder. I know a lot people don't think they are necessary but he does so I did one and it's driving me crazy. I have the xl reptibreeze 2x2x4 and I have it put together. It's driving me crazy because I don't have dragon ledges and I feel like I have no way to attach anything and my plants are not tall enough and it's really stressing me out. I want him out of that bin. He doesn't seem to like it. Anyway, I am ordering my dragon ledges tomorrow and my MistKing. I hope this will help me attach everything. I need to find a really viney plant to put up top to give him hiding and such. He's just 3.5 months so he's fine in the bin I think.
So any suggestions on putting branches up in the enclosure without the ledges?

So, I just got Karma today. He's in a baby bin per the breeder. I know a lot people don't think they are necessary but he does so I did one and it's driving me crazy. I have the xl reptibreeze 2x2x4 and I have it put together. It's driving me crazy because I don't have dragon ledges and I feel like I have no way to attach anything and my plants are not tall enough and it's really stressing me out. I want him out of that bin. He doesn't seem to like it. Anyway, I am ordering my dragon ledges tomorrow and my MistKing. I hope this will help me attach everything. I need to find a really viney plant to put up top to give him hiding and such. He's just 3.5 months so he's fine in the bin I think.
No pics of the baby? ?
Did you check out Gingero’s video? She goes over a few different methods for installing branches.
My favorite plant for chams is pothos. Philodendron and wandering Jew are also great. As my pothos grows, I have it going around branches. Beneath the wandering Jew has proven to be my little guy‘s favorite hiding/sleep spot. I also use prayer plant which has nice big leaves, but it isn’t a very fast grower.
Here’s one of my girls enclosures. It used to be much prettier, but she’s an avid leaf nibbler. I have dragon ledges but they are hiding beneath the coco coir sheet.
1D4819B3-B0C3-4E3F-9396-CC6FACD4C571.jpeg

No pics of the baby? ?
Did you check out Gingero’s video? She goes over a few different methods for installing branches.
My favorite plant for chams is pothos. Philodendron and wandering Jew are also great. As my pothos grows, I have it going around branches. Beneath the wandering Jew has proven to be my little guy‘s favorite hiding/sleep spot. I also use prayer plant which has nice big leaves, but it isn’t a very fast grower.
Here’s one of my girls enclosures. It used to be much prettier, but she’s an avid leaf nibbler. I have dragon ledges but they are hiding beneath the coco coir sheet.
View attachment 280118
So I thought I had watched the episode of @Gingero ‘s attaching branches video but I didn’t finish it. So I just watched it and I feel better. I don’t think I can hang plants up until I get the dragon ledges so I need to get taller plants. I have a bunch of bamboo cane from my parents ranch that I’m using in it and I really wish I had a more vining pothos. Anyway, yours looks Really cool. I’m excited to get him moved to his big boy house.

No pics of the baby? ?
View attachment 280118

Attachments

• 8C94B628-79D7-43B3-9599-DB17AA4F597D.jpeg
    8C94B628-79D7-43B3-9599-DB17AA4F597D.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 93
  • A17B590B-D9C5-4F3C-A138-2D2097437016.jpeg
    A17B590B-D9C5-4F3C-A138-2D2097437016.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 84
Maybe a less expensive alternative if you're handy with a hacksaw and drill.
You can get aluminum bar stock/strapping at any home improvement store—1" x 1/4" or 1" x 1/8", cut to size for the inside of the enclosure—frame to frame, drill a couple holes at each end and attach with stainless steel sheet metal screws.

As far as the short plants, I put the short potted plants on top of another inverted pot (same size or larger) to raise them up.

I have both an Ivy and inchplant (Tradescantia zebrina) climbing up a panel of ceiling egg crate (again, home improvement store) against the back wall of the enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom