New build outline

regal81455

Established Member
Good morning all-

Sunday we started in on Digit's new enclosure. It was a beautiful 83* out so Digit got to spend his day outside in the real sunshine while we got to work.

BEFORE

20230828_164043.jpg

AFTER

20230907_063227.jpg

Still not 100% though - waiting on a couple of fluker bend a branches to come in as suggested by the wonderful members here + I have another pothos I want to hang in the left, back corner.

Also need to raise the bottom drain tote shelf upwards, I found a tote that is about a third of the size of this one. This will give me another shelf underneath that is approx. 15" or so high.

Upon his next major cleaning ( 30dy ?? ), I'll probably add some sort of fake rock wall and some additional sticks to the back and left side for aesthetics.

If anyone has any specific questions on how I went about this and if I'd do anything differently I'd be happy to provide the deets. Additionally, if there are any critiques or suggestions; please by all means I would like to hear them. I won't be offended.

At this very moment, unfortunately no. I've got a 22" t5HO arcadia 6% running across the middle half. 12" on either side presently doesn't have a bulb directly under it. I intend to order another 22" so I can link them together to get full coverage across but they're expensive and I'm pretty tapped out at the moment.

I do have one of reptizoo's pro series 9w LEDs that has UVA, UVB, & 6500k light all in one that I'd consider using as a supplement but when it arrived it wasn't in the best of shape and I don't presently have a solarmeter to test to see if it is actually even emitting the UVs so I decided to just leave it off since I have no way of knowing for sure it's even doing anything.

It's called Clear Advantage.
Is it aluminum screen though or fiberglass? For the top panel you want to only use aluminum screen unless you have a solarmeter 6.5 to double check your uvb levels in the cage with fiberglass.

Oh geez - ok I guess I'll have to look into it. Not the end of the world though - the screen up top can be taken off in a matter of moments and redone pretty cheaply if needed.
Tx for the heads up!

Oh geez - ok I guess I'll have to look into it. Not the end of the world though - the screen up top can be taken off in a matter of moments and redone pretty cheaply if needed.
Tx for the heads up!
All the fiber glass screen I tested reduced UVB quite a bit more than the aluminum. Cheapest option is to get the aluminum screen for the top panel. A solarmeter 6.5 is going to run you about $250. Granted it is an awesome tool to have to know your uvb is on point.

Back
Top Bottom