NEW BABY, NEED HELP

So how did you set up your bioactive layer? Does not look like it is done the typical way.
Ok, so first I have a layer if pebbles in the bottom, and then I have a mesh that covers the gravel bottom (false bottom) and then on top of this i have created my own soil, this consists two part coconut fiber, one part sphagnum moss, two part sand, and two part repti bark, then on top of that i have the bioactive soil from josh's frogs

Ok, so first I have a layer if pebbles in the bottom, and then I have a mesh that covers the gravel bottom (false bottom) and then on top of this i have created my own soil, this consists two part coconut fiber, one part sphagnum moss, two part sand, and two part repti bark, then on top of that i have the bioactive soil from josh's frogs
Do you have a clean up crew? What are you using to contain your bioactive substrate?

Do you have a clean up crew? What are you using to contain your bioactive substrate?
yes the soil contained microorganisms in the soil that will clean it up, the mesh that is on top of the pebbles actually acts as a bin and holds the soil inside of it, so its like a mesh tray on top of the rocks that the soil is inside if that makes since

But have you added any isopods and springtails? While there are natural bio organisms in the soil, adding these help keep everything clean. They are little poo eaters. :)

But have you added any isopods and springtails? While there are natural bio organisms in the soil, adding these help keep everything clean. They are little poo eaters. :)
ohh, i have not done that, i thought that the bio active soil would cover it all...................

ohh, i have not done that, i thought that the bio active soil would cover it all...................
also, my chameleon has been worrying me today, he has been sitting moving all over the cage today, but just a few moments ago, i saw him on a limb, and he was rubbing his head on a branch, rather quickly, and i thought he had mbd, but then he turned over backwards and hung from his back legs and climbed via some really acrobatic moves... so i don't know what he was doing, and im just scared for my baby. i love him tooo much and i dont want him to die... so im kinda freaking out right now, and am very unsettled. He has eaten and drank today... so do you know whats going on

also, my chameleon has been worrying me today, he has been sitting moving all over the cage today, but just a few moments ago, i saw him on a limb, and he was rubbing his head on a branch, rather quickly, and i thought he had mbd, but then he turned over backwards and hung from his back legs and climbed via some really acrobatic moves... so i don't know what he was doing, and im just scared for my baby. i love him tooo much and i dont want him to die... so im kinda freaking out right now, and am very unsettled. He has eaten and drank today... so do you know whats going on
I need you to go back into the help form I did for you copy and paste it into your response and answer the questions I asked. Just so we can cover it all.

Back
Top Bottom