Needing to switch up my Chameleons diet

Dart401

Hello everyone,
So my Panther Chameleon Dart is a year 1/2 old now. He gets any where from 7-12 crickets every other day and once a week instead of crickets he gets 3 super worms.
I dust his feeders with the appropriate supplements and gut load all his food as well.

He loves his super worms allot, and always eats those immediately! But lately he has been going on strike with his crickets. And will only eat a few if that.

Any advice of what else I can add to his diet (And where to purchase said feeders at) that he will still get all the nutrients and protein he needs since super worms are a bit fatty.

I would also love to see what your feeding schedule looks like for your Chams!

Thank you in advance for any help!

Older chams don't need a lot of food so he is likely hunger striking for super worms. You may be surprised how long they can go without eating. There are so many options for food, literally thousands of roach species, phasmids, mantids, bottleflies, bsfl/bsf, silkworms, hornworms, etc

You're in FL, so Dubias are out (illegal), but Discoid roaches are legal there.
https://www.lunaroaches.com/ (Not an endorsement—they're just located in FL)
It appears Discoid roaches is all they do.

Thank you very much for this! I’ll definitely be looking into this link you gave me! I had no clue until today that Dubais are illegal in my state but after doing some research I understand now!

Back
Top Bottom