Needing Advice

MavTheCham

IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0568.JPG I have a 3-4 year old male veiled chameleon that I received from a local pet store when I had bought a female baby veiled and she didn't make it a week. Later I found out I was uninformed and she was too tiny to be going to a new home just yet. I was heart broken , and I received Maverick. He started to develop an abcess right next to his eye on his nose , which I found out was incredibly common. I went to the vet, had him checked , they lanced the abcess and gave me some medicine and then I was on my way. A year plus some months later I'm here again. It seemed like the abcess never left but it wasn't causing trouble, he was eating and drinking just fine so I didn't think much of it. Recently I've been watching him closely and it seems to have gotten more swollen on some days, but then it started to turn brown. I just brushed against the bump and the brown piece came off, revealing the inside of Mav's sinuses! I feel like a failure. I feed him hornworms periodically, mealworms periodically, superworms as a staple and crickets are an every now and again treat because they escape his cage I built him. He gets Reptical non-phosphorus calcium lightly dusted in his food and Reptical Multivitamin about once a month. He has a little dripper, I make sure he drinks some water from a spray bottle that I slowly drip next to his nose, and I have a mister that I will use periodically and when I have his plant in his cage. I take the plant out when the weather is particularly nice so it can have a break from my cham's sharp nails. I let him climb on his plant when it's sunny outside and I'll mist the plant and be really enjoys soaking in the sun. Please give me advice! I will be coming into money here in about a week or so and I have jobs pending so at this moment my hands are tied and I'm panicking but I'm taking him to a different vet from last time as soon as possible. Still, his grip is fine, his skin seems hydrated , his eyes aren't sunken in, he's eating 5-7 super worms every day with a day break if I feel like he looks bloated and he has no problem with his balance. He has a basking spot of about 80-83 degrees and I'm using a compact zoomed UVB bulb, I forget the specifics but it's the correct wattage for him I'm sure. Please help me :unsure: If more photos are needed just let me know
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0555.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0559.JPG
    IMG_0559.JPG
    509.2 KB · Views: 85
Because it goes into his sinus cavity I would be afraid to treat it with anything topical because it could end up in the mouth. Vet treatment with antibiotics and what ever else the vet recommends would be your best bet.
Maybe you could apply for care credit thru the vet hospital.
Sorry, I don't know of a quick fix for you.

I feel terrible. I'm just going to keep my eye on him until I can figure out what I'm going to do. I can't leave him like this..

Back
Top Bottom