Need to Vent a little...

kokom05lb

Ok so today we received our household goods from the moving company. I was in the garage, putting stuff aside to take back to the house where we are staying. Now if you seen Ringo's enclosure, its huge standing w/ the stand of 6ft tall 27" wide and 33" long. And I was going to add another 2ft to add on for Starrs side of the enclosure.

Anyways, it was sitting off to the side with the other stuff ready to be taken to my husbands aunts house where we are staying. His granny came in and asked "Where are you going to put that thing?" I told I was going to move it into the room with us, there's plenty of room. Her response "you shouldn't burden anyone of those nasty things! Shouldn't bring them inside they should be outside in the cold! You are the only one that wants those nasty things! No one wants them around!"

Now I know that it's one thing to keep something if you can't take care of them. But we can care for them and love them very much! It just makes me mad that they can't respect my space, and buts in no matter what pet i have! She tells my son that if he pushes her dog once that she will spank him. But she can yell at my dog and push her any time she wants.

The reptiles... Omg its bad. I get told everyday that these "nasty things" in her words needs to be gone asap. I can't even bring out Checkers at all. Sigh i wish we had our own place so i can have a reptile room or even leave them in the living room. It just bugs me when people are so disrespectful towards others enjoyments

I'm sorry. I that is lame. Reptiles really aren't that bad. I have seen dogs that were much worse. I mean, a dog will eat it's crap or something elses then come and lick you on the face... And rub their butts on the floor trying to express their glands. I share my house with my grandmother for like 2 weeks out of the year and surprisngly she is civil about it. (If you knew her you would think she would toss them out herslef.) If they are not bothering anyone what is the big deal. She should consider herself lucky... I mean you could bust out the roaches at any moment. She should watch what she says if all she wants to see is some crickets...

His granny came in and asked "Where are you going to put that thing?" I told I was going to move it into the room with us, there's plenty of room. Her response "you shouldn't burden anyone of those nasty things! Shouldn't bring them inside they should be outside in the cold! You are the only one that wants those nasty things! No one wants them around!"

I can't even bring out Checkers at all. Sigh i wish we had our own place so i can have a reptile room or even leave them in the living room. It just bugs me when people are so disrespectful towards others enjoyments

Sounds as if you aren't going to change her opinion, unreasonable as it is. Don't bother trying. She is just showing her ignorance and her intolerance. Show her your cham is not going to affect her at all.

If your room is "yours", she has no right to object to a pet you keep there. If you want to bring Checkers out of the cage while in your room, why not do so? Once she realizes the cham does not cause a disturbance or a threat, she may have to eat her words.

After all, she's wrong...YOU obviously want it around and she isn't speaking for ANYONE other than herself.

Is this stay at your relatives' place temporary? I think I'd sit down with the home's actual owner and lay out some ground rules...what happens in your room is up to you. Your pet is your property, you are solely responsible for any affect it might have on the house or the other residents. Put the burden on granny to prove your cham is a problem. I bet she can't. Insist on respect. Respect is supposed to go both ways. Insist on this as it's only fair.

I kind of know how you feel right now. I live with my grandparents at the moment and when I told them about getting a chameleon, my grandfather was terrified to even breath the same air as him! They were scared that they would instantly get a disease or that the crickets would some how get loose in the house and chew away at them! lol But over time, my grandparents have really come to like my chameleon and even sit in my room to watch/talk to him from time to time. I just make sure that the cage and surrounding area is always clean and that NO crickets ever get loose. It is their house so I must respect the rules, but I just make sure they have to reason to complain against Calypso. Good luck with your situation and I am sure it will get better in time

Hehe, I can't tell you how meny crickets are loose in my house..And all the chameleons are in the garage....T.T

We will be staying at my husbands aunts house for the next 6 months or until we can find a place of our own. He's going to college and this is the only way we can live without being separated. Until we can find a job. And if anyone was wondering he was prior U.S. army and is riding his way though college on that G.I. Bill

Ok so today we received our household goods from the moving company. I was in the garage, putting stuff aside to take back to the house where we are staying. Now if you seen Ringo's enclosure, its huge standing w/ the stand of 6ft tall 27" wide and 33" long. And I was going to add another 2ft to add on for Starrs side of the enclosure.

Anyways, it was sitting off to the side with the other stuff ready to be taken to my husbands aunts house where we are staying. His granny came in and asked "Where are you going to put that thing?" I told I was going to move it into the room with us, there's plenty of room. Her response "you shouldn't burden anyone of those nasty things! Shouldn't bring them inside they should be outside in the cold! You are the only one that wants those nasty things! No one wants them around!"

Now I know that it's one thing to keep something if you can't take care of them. But we can care for them and love them very much! It just makes me mad that they can't respect my space, and buts in no matter what pet i have! She tells my son that if he pushes her dog once that she will spank him. But she can yell at my dog and push her any time she wants.

The reptiles... Omg its bad. I get told everyday that these "nasty things" in her words needs to be gone asap. I can't even bring out Checkers at all. Sigh i wish we had our own place so i can have a reptile room or even leave them in the living room. It just bugs me when people are so disrespectful towards others enjoyments

I lived with my grandma for a while during college, I had a lot of cages that i could have aituated easily but instead she had to dictate everything and put in stupid rules about all the cage placement ext. It's hard to deal with the elderly, just got to try and make them see ot through our eyes best we can I guess. But yes I feel your pain so much.

Hehe, I can't tell you how meny crickets are loose in my house..And all the chameleons are in the garage....T.T

LMAO. I couldnt guess how many are around my place either.. I find them all the time.
That will happen with 5000 plus feeders around

I have a garbage disposal and his name is Freckles! He doesn't have an enclosure so he runs the room with the cat and dog! So theres no running or escapees on crickets or roaches

We will be staying at my husbands aunts house for the next 6 months or until we can find a place of our own. He's going to college and this is the only way we can live without being separated. Until we can find a job. And if anyone was wondering he was prior U.S. army and is riding his way though college on that G.I. Bill

Good to go, shouldn't you be receiving money on top of the tuition? Good news is your sacrifice now will pay off later. With his veteran points on top of his experience/education he shouldn't have a problem getting a good job out of the gates.

I understand! My mother-in-law is satan incarnate, and I'm not kidding! Her big problem is my cats. I clean out their box every day, but she will still go on about the smell and say it's going to knock her over...but she has this stupid little dog that pisses all over EVERYTHING! He's peed on my shoes, my pillow(multiple times), etc. He even peed in his water bowl once and drank it. He is allowed to just pee all over her couch, not to mention he poops wherever it falls out, then she leaves it lay for days. You can't step into her apt. without having to avoid about 15 turds. It's disgusting! She never says anything about that, just tells him how good he is all the time. People like her and your husband's aunt just want to make people as miserable as they are. Don't let her win. Just ignore her and love on those reptiles like you normally would. Don't let her get the best of you. You are better than that. Let it be incentive to find your own place and get the hell away from her! Good luck to you!!

I understand! My mother-in-law is satan incarnate, and I'm not kidding! Her big problem is my cats. I clean out their box every day, but she will still go on about the smell and say it's going to knock her over...but she has this stupid little dog that pisses all over EVERYTHING! He's peed on my shoes, my pillow(multiple times), etc. He even peed in his water bowl once and drank it. He is allowed to just pee all over her couch, not to mention he poops wherever it falls out, then she leaves it lay for days. You can't step into her apt. without having to avoid about 15 turds. It's disgusting! She never says anything about that, just tells him how good he is all the time. People like her and your husband's aunt just want to make people as miserable as they are. Don't let her win. Just ignore her and love on those reptiles like you normally would. Don't let her get the best of you. You are better than that. Let it be incentive to find your own place and get the hell away from her! Good luck to you!!

Yuck..... That is a lot of doodoo to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom