Need some input/help before i contact the vet today

1uke

I adopted this chameleon from an organization that takes in reptiles from owners and finds them new homes. he is still kinda young i believe. he seemed in good health, ive had him for about 4-5 months. Reptar is amazing, he always comes to the door when i approach, loves to climb out onto me, and he even eats from my hands. i dont handle him alot, only when he shows desire to want to climb on out ill oblige him. anyway, onto the problem. he has developed a bump on the side of his mouth and hasnt ate in 2.5 days. he normally wants to eat all the time haha. the bump is not on the corner though where I think you typically see Temporal Gland Infection? i could be wrong ive never had this issue before. he is a species that can get it though. he is a helmeted chameleon(trioceros hoehnelii), so i normally feed him small crickets because he is tiny, however this last shipment my crickets were quite bigger and he seemed to get this bump sometime after that. could he have injured himself on one of their legs or something?

ill link pictures to the bump below. its on his right side.

thank you guys!

It may be an infection of some kind in his mouth. It might be mouth rot. The vet will look in his mouth during the exam and I bet give you antibiotics for it.
This could be related to husbandry. I'm caring for several of these right now but I am far from experienced in their ideal husbandry. You may want to ask @bobcochran for details on husbandry.

Back
Top Bottom