Need help!!

Kaidyn_mh27

Need help. I use a t5 5.0 long uvb bolb, basking bulb, temp around 80 degrees, humidity around 40-60%,misting her cage twice a day. dusting crickets once a week. She is very week. And her back leg seems to be un coordinated. Should I take her outside for full sunlight once a day? She has laid eggs once before she is 11 months old she seems very week and not moving around her cage through out the day. And not really able to pull herself up. Looks like She is Gravid
3C03C73A-16E2-47E0-9999-CF3D87904DE1.png
B700A217-3574-4AB1-94BE-7AED3FE4AF86.jpeg

I’m not a vet or even a chameleon expert. However, I think if that’s all she’s been getting for supplementation, she is deficient in calcium and essential vitamins/minerals. Producing eggs uses a lot of calcium, which she hasn’t been getting enough of. Even though you’re giving D3 and have correct uvb, there just isn’t enough calcium for her to synthesize for use. Basically, she most likely has metabolic bone disease and from the lumpiness of the first pic, I wonder if she has eggs and/or is egg bound. Only a vet and some x rays and labs can diagnose her and prescribe the best course of treatment. Since chameleons don’t show any signs that anything is wrong until the problem has become advanced, the sooner you can get her to a vet, the better her outcome will be. If you need help finding a good vet in your area, just let us know your general vicinity and we can probably help.
@kinyonga what do you think?

IMHO you need to get her to a good chameleon vet ASAP. It's quite likely she has developed MBD since you only dust with calcium/D3 once a week.

With her back leg like that I don't know how she can dig a hole to lay the eggs that she's carrying. She may need surgery to remove the eggs.

When did she lay the last clutch and how many eggs were in the clutch?

We can deal with the husbandry issues including supplements and insect care after...but right now she needs help before it's too late. it's too bad you didn't answer the questions about husbandry in your other threads.

Back
Top Bottom