NEED HELP!!

LOVELIFESMILE

honestly ive been wanting a Chameleon for years now it all started when i went to pet smart and saw the cute little guy touching the glass looking at me but I hesitated and did other animals like a breaded dragon, hedgehog,hamster, guinea pig ive done a lot of research on these cool animals but never really bought a Chameleon because i always hesitated but now im really considering to buy one of these cool guys but i also have some questions like which type of Chameleons should i get and like should i get a male or female i just need some tiny bit of help!!

You must get a Cage, put Plants, careful of poison ones and decide what you are going to feed him. You must also feed the Roaches or Crickets as well to Gutload them with healthy foods which will benefit your Chameleon. I got my Chameleon in April at 2 months old. Go on Internet & get as much info as you can before you get him and have everything ready when you bring him home. This Forum has amazing people who will give you lots of advice.

honestly ive been wanting a Chameleon for years now it all started when i went to pet smart and saw the cute little guy touching the glass looking at me but I hesitated and did other animals like a breaded dragon, hedgehog,hamster, guinea pig ive done a lot of research on these cool animals but never really bought a Chameleon because i always hesitated but now im really considering to buy one of these cool guys but i also have some questions like which type of Chameleons should i get and like should i get a male or female i just need some tiny bit of help!!
Hi and welcome! ? So very glad you came here before taking home a chameleon with the chameleon kit that the pet store would sell you with the very wrong claim that, ”It’s all you’ll need”.
For a beginner keeper, veiled or panther are most likely your best choices. As females have a little different set of needs due to they lay eggs regardless of being mated, I would suggest male. I started with a female as many keepers have and aside from some anxiety, my husbandry was correct so I’ve had no problems.
Regardless of which type or gender chameleon you choose, be prepared to spend a considerable amount. To do things right is expensive.
A great resource to learn all you want and more is https://chameleonacademy.com/ There’s tons of info there as well as podcasts. If you prefer video, check out Neptune the chameleon on YouTube.
And of course, ask here as many questions as you may have.? Looking forward to you being in the community.

You must get a Cage, put Plants, careful of poison ones and decide what you are going to feed him. You must also feed the Roaches or Crickets as well to Gutload them with healthy foods which will benefit your Chameleon. I got my Chameleon in April at 2 months old. Go on Internet & get as much info as you can before you get him and have everything ready when you bring him home. This Forum has amazing people who will give you lots of advice.

THANKS!! and how big dose the cage have to be :) because i know they get pretty big

Hi and welcome! ? So very glad you came here before taking home a chameleon with the chameleon kit that the pet store would sell you with the very wrong claim that, ”It’s all you’ll need”.
For a beginner keeper, veiled or panther are most likely your best choices. As females have a little different set of needs due to they lay eggs regardless of being mated, I would suggest male. I started with a female as many keepers have and aside from some anxiety, my husbandry was correct so I’ve had no problems.
Regardless of which type or gender chameleon you choose, be prepared to spend a considerable amount. To do things right is expensive.
A great resource to learn all you want and more is https://chameleonacademy.com/ There’s tons of info there as well as podcasts. If you prefer video, check out Neptune the chameleon on YouTube.
And of course, ask here as many questions as you may have.? Looking forward to you being in the community.

honestly i wouldn't have got the kit at the pet store because i noticed the cages there for birds reptiles or ferrets are very small pet stores will never be my choice honestly and THANKS for real!!

THANKS!! and how big dose the cage have to be :) because i know they get pretty big
Minimum cage size and type will depend a lot on your conditions. In general, for veiled’s and panthers, the recommendation is a 2x2x4, or something with similar cubic footage such as 2x3x3. Your best bet is to buy a temperature and humidity meter, and see what conditions already exist in your house. Then you’ll have an idea about what kind of cage will work best for you. Fully screened cages work nicely in situations where the ambient temps and humidity closely match the chameleon’s needs, glass or hybrid enclosure will work better when your ambient conditions are further away from what the chameleon needs.

Whatever you do don't just go out onto the internet and do research... If it is not one of the links that an experienced member has given you then don't count on the info your reading to be correct. This is how we end up with sick chams and owners seeking help. They read incorrect husbandry info and provided environments that harmed their cham.

Whatever you do don't just go out onto the internet and do research... If it is not one of the links that an experienced member has given you then don't count on the info your reading to be correct. This is how we end up with sick chams and owners seeking help. They read incorrect husbandry info and provided environments that harmed their cham.

alright thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom