Need Advice...

ScaredyCatAsh

I just moved all my panthers around to larger enclosures and some are taking better to this then others. I moved my group of females that I had together into a larger enclosure, and 3 out of 5 of them are climbing around on the top of the cage. I had a ficus with them at first but now have a sheff with them because I like this plant better, but then today I went and bought a bigger ficus and put it in there as well to ease the pain of missing ficus lol. The females that are climbing around are eating and drinking but are darker then usual as I assume these are stress colors. I also have moved males but they have all adjusted very well and are all quiet happy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Ashley

Keep everything normal as possible, stick to routines, Give them time to adjust. Best wishes
Were they in groups before?

yes the females have all been together since i have gotten them. since I'm planning on keeping 0.2 together of each local I though the best thing I can do is keep them together while they are young so when the 2 go to their own cage, they will be like, "oh hey I know you" so they wont stress from another cham being added later on. and thanks for advice I will continue to do everyday routines. I just hate to see them upset :(

My only experience here is that my male veiled never showed any agression at 4 months,
but then ofcourse hes a lone animal.
Panthers may be different, but from long experience with reptiles in general, male male pairs are a no no due to territorial and dominance issues with males as they mature if not before.
Since were talking about chameleons here, being solitary creatures for the most part, Im not sure how well two males interact when they meet in the wild, but in captivity unless its a fairly sizable cage, they cant avoid each other.
There may come a time, say at 6 months, where you find that arrangement no longer works. Not sure about female pairs? :)

well all my males are seperate of course I would never plan on putting 2 males together only my females. I plan on having them in biig cages when they r adults so they have their on space, right now they r just stressed from the move now that the ficus is in there one female is up n about on top of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom