Need a better uvb light?

I've just finished building my chameleons upgraded habitat, but I cant help but feel that I need to order a longer light fixture for my uvb.
16303492062814557812534147330618.jpg
Where would I go to order one?

Attachments

• 16303492200551368377692243741063.jpg
    16303492200551368377692243741063.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 74
Reptile Basics is good, too! I would change out your blue heat bulb for a regular white light incandescent one, and, if you can afford, buy a Solarmeters 6.5, as well, so you can lake sure your UVI levels are good and to check your bulbs and other things, too.

Sorry, one more thing! Make sure the T5 HO fixture you buy is at least as long as the width of the cage, if not longer.

Yes. Wood is sealed. Moss vines were definitely a temporary set up while we found more sticks. Ive heard that paracord works well. So I need a 36" T5 HO fixture and a white incandescent heat bulb for the larger set up..

Yes. Wood is sealed. Moss vines were definitely a temporary set up while we found more sticks. Ive heard that paracord works well. So I need a 36" T5 HO fixture and a white incandescent heat bulb for the larger set up..
Yes... But you want plant lighting as well I run two for plants and one for UVB. I buy these and they come with the plant bulbs and then you switch one bulb out for the UVB bulb. You would never use more then a 5.0 or 6% with your set up. Also because of the material you used for the top panel it will let a ton more UVB through. So you will want your closest branches to be about 10-11 inches below the fixture using the T5HO and a 5.0 or 6% bulb. This will put your Veiled in a 3 UVI level without being over exposed.

Hello and welcome to the forums! Sticks and recommended vines would be the best, and just as @ERKleRose said above, I wouldn't use paracord because your chams nail could get caught in it, which could then rip off their nails, which in turn would lead to poor grip. And there are plenty of experts on this forum that would be happy to help with any other questions you have. :)

I order my fixtures from pangea reptile. You will want plant lighting as well or your plants will start dying off.
Yeah Pangea has basically the Arcadia Hood, without the Arcadia Price...
I have been extremely happy with the vivarium electronics fixtures.

They're all the exact same fixture, made in the same factory by the same company.
If it looks like this, it's made by Shenzen Sunlight Lighting Co. (OEM).
1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
so shop for price.

Back
Top Bottom