neck or throat swelling ....???

Rstuart

for the last few days my veiled chams throat or neck has looked like its puffed out .... it feels like shes filling it with air .... wondering if this could be a health problem .....

also the top of her horn or cusk .... has some white looking crust on it....???

im pretty sure she is about to lay her eggs too... she is very very fat

Can you post a picture of her? It is not uncommon for gravid females to show gular swelling/edema...

although there is much debate over this , the popular concensus seems to be that gular edema (neck swelling issues) are frequently attributed to an excess of preformed vitamin A (gravid issues aside)

Yes I had this problem before and I took my male to the vet for it and the vet said it is from over supplementing.

It all depends on where the swelling occurs. I have a C. senegalensis that fights with a reoccurring throat infections that is not gular edema, but was misidentified until I noticed the mucus in her mouth.

A picture or a visit to the vet is the only way anyone can give a more accurate guess.

Luis

Do you have a suitable place in her cage for her to dig to show you she's ready to lay eggs? If you don't she could become eggbound.

Back
Top Bottom