Natural Rain.

Lizardlover

Hey all, as I mentioned in a previous thread im getting ready for a juvi oustalet, im setting up an outdoor enclosure and in the summer in FL it rains alot, is natural rain OK for chameleons, i just thought of this....any input will help.

Thanks Danny

Depending on the air quality (if you live close to factories or not) will determine whether or not you could (should)..

Ever heard any reports of acid rain around where you live?

No, never, like i said the air is pretty clean, i water my plants with rain water, if that helps any, i think its better for them.

Air Quality
Notice We do not have specific information on air quality in the Coral Springs, FL area. However, Coral Springs, FL falls within the Fort Lauderdale, FL metropolitan area, so this is the information that is being provided.
Air Quality Index
ar22680.png
The 'Air Quality Index' score is based on data gathered from the EPA, USGS, and local authorities. Although no city in the US ranked a score of poor or worst, there is still a wide spectrum of air quality index scores. Please note the score is only an estimate --- weather, the seasons, and local conditions can radically affect the air quality anytime during the year. Sources: EPA, USGS, and Synergos Technologies, Inc.
Major Air Pollutants The following chart shows the ranking of the 5 major air pollutants montitored by the EPA. The chart shows the quantity of pollutant as a percentage to the minimum allowed (before it is considered a serious health risk) by the EPA. It is interesting to note that in the majority of cases Ozone is the major pollutant facing most cities. Sources: EPA - Air Quality Trends 2001
clr.gif

gray.gif
ar12680.png

gray.gif

Disclaimer: This page contains information from sources which ERsys.com does not control. If this page contains materials that are copyrighted or otherwise protected, please contact ERsys.com immediately. Copyright © 2000-2001 ERsys.com, All Rights Reserved.

ar12680.png

It means you have Carbon Monoxide, Ozone, Sulfur Dioxide, and Nitrogen Dioxide in your air, lol!

Okay, so say it is a good air day and going to rain. Would it be okay to put your cham outside to get sprinkled on?

Safe.

West coast is where you have to be careful, as we get clouds coming over here from China which are loaded with mercury and other nasties....mainly from them burning coal.

Florida should be fine, unless you live in a very industrial area, or downwind from an industrial area.

Safe.

West coast is where you have to be careful, as we get clouds coming over here from China which are loaded with mercury and other nasties....mainly from them burning coal.

Florida should be fine, unless you live in a very industrial area, or downwind from an industrial area.

:( I hate being on the west coast - darn you China!

I used to live in Coral Springs for a short while!! Man do I miss my home state of Florida! I wouldn't have any humidity issues down there!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom