Natural light vs light bulb

Camilian

Hi I'm getting a cam soon, I have a window in my room that gets a lot of natural sun all day the only thing is during the winter it's cloudier should I get a light for the winder or are the rays that go through the clouds enough?

The most often recommended UVB light is the long linear Reptisun 5.0 tube light.
The most often recommended basking light is the regular household incandescent bulb....of wattage that produces the right basking temperature. Wither basking light make sure it isn't going to burn the chameleon by placing your hand inside the cage as close to the bulb as possible. If you need to move your hand...the bulb is too close.

Before you get your Chameleon. You will need to have a UVB bulb, and a heatbulb (aka) basking bulb. Here are good products to use...

Heat bulb: a regular house incident bulb. The temp should not go over 80-85 depending on the gender of the chamelon.

Uvb: Reptisun t5 5.0. or an arcadia 6%

Before you get your Chameleon. You will need to have a UVB bulb, and a heatbulb (aka) basking bulb. Here are good products to use...

Heat bulb: a regular house incident bulb. The temp should not go over 80-85 depending on the gender of the chamelon.

Uvb: Reptisun t5 5.0. or an arcadia 6%
Wait is it really ok to just use a normal house light?? That's not what you meant right?

Wait is it really ok to just use a normal house light?? That's not what you meant right?
Oh also
The most often recommended UVB light is the long linear Reptisun 5.0 tube light.
The most often recommended basking light is the regular household incandescent bulb....of wattage that produces the right basking temperature. Wither basking light make sure it isn't going to burn the chameleon by placing your hand inside the cage as close to the bulb as possible. If you need to move your hand...the bulb is too close.
.should I turn off the lights at night? I heard someone say I should but that doesn't feel right?

Hi I'm getting a cam soon, I have a window in my room that gets a lot of natural sun all day the only thing is during the winter it's cloudier should I get a light for the winder or are the rays that go through the clouds enough?
Hi there welcome to the forum. I would start reading through this husbandry program. There is a ton to know and understand and this is a great way to learn fast https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

As long as it's incandescent (the old style that puts out heat) and not LED. It's the heat you're after with a basking light.
Separate are the UVB (linear T5 running the length of the enclosure) and plant lights. Plant lights can be LED; with plant lights, it's the full spectrum you're after—not heat.

As long as it's incandescent (the old style that puts out heat) and not LED. It's the heat you're after with a basking light.
Separate are the UVB (linear T5 running the length of the enclosure) and plant lights. Plant lights can be LED; with plant lights, it's the full spectrum you're after—not heat.
Ooh ok thank you and also do I turn the lights off at night?

Back
Top Bottom