sccrstr870

So this is my current set up it consists of

2'x2'x4' cage
little dripper
tropic mist(for humidity)
ceramic heating bulb 60w
regular heating bulb
florescent uv bulb 5.0
screw in uv bulb 5.0(can i use both bulbs at once?)
Hibiscus growing at the bottom

Plans for the future are to get a nice misting system and put a ficus tree in there.

Also just a few questions.

my cham doesn't seem to like silkworms i haven't seen him eat one yet. Why is this and is there a way to intice him to have one?

He seems to hide in the fake plants more than he basks on the vines i have im not too sure why and it seems like as soon as i walk in the room if he is on a vine he will go back in the plants and hide.

I have about 6 silkworms that went into a cocoon how long does it take them to hatch and is there anything i should do?

image.php
[/url][/IMG]

I could be wrong but I believe people are saying DO NOT USE THE SPIRAL UVB bulbs..and all you need is one tube 5.0 and one heat lamp.. Nothing more and never less..

Good luck and welcome!

2'x2'x4' cage
little dripper
ceramic heating bulb 60w
regular heating bulb
florescent uv bulb 5.0
screw in uv bulb 5.0(can i use both bulbs at once?)

Looks good but you don't need the ceramic heater unless your cage's temps drop below 55*F at night and should not be used during the day unless you have issues keeping the basking spot warm. If that is the case (cool basking temp) go to a higher wattage lamp.

Both UVB lamps you mention are fluorescent, but the screw in lamp is bad and should be removed. Check out the UV Guide.

Plans for the future are to get a nice misting system and put a ficus tree in there.

Also just a few questions.

my cham doesn't seem to like silkworms i haven't seen him eat one yet. Why is this and is there a way to intice him to have one?

Don't feed him for a day try again... if nothing, wait one more day and try again. If he still doesn't care for them, he just doesn't like them, maybe he had a bad experience?

He seems to hide in the fake plants more than he basks on the vines i have im not too sure why and it seems like as soon as i walk in the room if he is on a vine he will go back in the plants and hide.

The screw in UVB lamp is prolly causing him to hide. Read up on them at the link I provided. UVB lamps aren't great for chams and causes sight issues. Read here for some issues. It might even be why he isn't eating your silkworms, if that is all you provide at the moment.

I have about 6 silkworms that went into a cocoon how long does it take them to hatch and is there anything i should do?

I think its about a month or two, I forget:eek:.

Ditch the one colored red:
Blue colored Need clarification:

2'x2'x4' cage
little dripper

what exactly is tropic mist?sprayer? fogger? waterfall?

ceramic heating bulb 60w

regular heating bulb

florescent uv bulb 5.0

screw in uv bulb 5.0
compact is bad for your chameleon. For exactly this reason:
http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor.htm

give him time, he'll grow to like it sooner or later. seems like he still adjusting to the new enclosure. Did you just got him recently?

read this link:https://www.chameleonforums.com/silkworms-101-a-7906/

Im looking into the Zoo Med Habba Mist does anyone know if its a good system?

Don't waste your money! You can make the mister I have in my signature. Or you can buy a HerpMist system... but DON"T please don't waste your money on a habba mist.

I couldn't get your link to work..:eek:

i never use the tropic mist.
But from the sound of it, it looked like some sort of humidifier.
in that case, honestly, i don't think the size will be that effective.
Is it absolutely necessary? imo, no.

with live plants and daily misting, maintaining humidity should be fine.
If you need extra boost, i say save your money and buy an ultrasonic humidifier and turn it on in the room where you keep your chameleon.

Habbamist is a waste of money. Save it for the real auto mister.
i have one. Unused. sitting in the cabinet. collecting dust.

The dish has cricket food in it just in case they get a little hungry before being ate and the log i got from a friend who had it in his beardie's cage so i figured why not throw it in.

Just picked up a new florescent reptisun 5.0 from zoo med since the other one was about a year old

And the humidifier is useless just like you said.

Why is your cham on the screen?

For general comment as well:

I notice your cham is hanging on the screen rather than perching on a limb. I hear this is not good for chams as the fine screen can do damage to their nails. Also, when I went to a reptile store that wasn't doing a good job of caring for it's chams, I noticed that they too were hanging on the screen. What's going on here?

The dish has cricket food in it just in case they get a little hungry before being ate and the log i got from a friend who had it in his beardie's cage so i figured why not throw it in.

Just picked up a new florescent reptisun 5.0 from zoo med since the other one was about a year old

And the humidifier is useless just like you said.

You might want to remove the log because I have heard that bearded dragons tend to have cocida. Not ALL of them do... but to be on the safe side....

i boiled everything before putting it inside of the cage so i should be fine i think.

anyone know more about this screen thing cause i see alot of people with the same type of screen on here

also one of the silkworms is now a moth hes in the cage but has been in the same spot since i put him in there just flapping its wings every once and a while

i boiled everything before putting it inside of the cage so i should be fine i think.

anyone know more about this screen thing cause i see alot of people with the same type of screen on here

also one of the silkworms is now a moth hes in the cage but has been in the same spot since i put him in there just flapping its wings every once and a while

The moth will die in a day or two.....

The screen is fine... Your guy shouldn't be on it all day and night though. If he is... you might not have enough stuff for him to climb on or he feels stressed. I figured he was hiding or trying to get away from the camera in that one pic. If he is on the screen a lot, try hanging some stuff on the screen for him to climb on so you can save his nails. People on the forum have used PVC garden fencing on the side of screen cages to save cham nails.

If you got the log hot enough you should be fine. When you have your guy at the vet for a check up have them do a fecal to make sure he is all clean.

Back
Top Bottom