my panther chameleon enclosure

haileyreich

just redid my chameleon enclosure for my male panther! please give advice on anything i can change and improve. waiting on more live plants to come as well to replace most of my fake ones.

Attachments

• CB21A469-7365-4B58-A83F-56036E60696D.jpeg
    CB21A469-7365-4B58-A83F-56036E60696D.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 89
just redid my chameleon enclosure for my male panther! please give advice on anything i can change and improve. waiting on more live plants to come as well to replace most of my fake ones.
Hi. :) You’ve got a good start, but there is always room for improvement. You’ll want to add some horizontal branches of varied widths to provide more little chameleon roads. By having varied size branches, your cham will be better able to exercise his little foot and leg muscles. Your uvb light is a bit short. It needs to be long enough to span the width of your enclosure. Do you have a T5 fixture? That is the one that is the standard as it provides the best range of uvb. Then basking area will need to be about 8-9” below your lights. As you add in live plants, you can hang the fake ones on the outside of your enclosure, which will provide more privacy. To hang branches and plants, I love Dragon Ledges.https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ If they aren’t in your budget, there are several other creative ways to hang things…garden trellis is always a popular and easy choice. Just remember that whatever you use needs to be secured to the frame of the enclosure and not the screen.

Hi. :) You’ve got a good start, but there is always room for improvement. You’ll want to add some horizontal branches of varied widths to provide more little chameleon roads. By having varied size branches, your cham will be better able to exercise his little foot and leg muscles. Your uvb light is a bit short. It needs to be long enough to span the width of your enclosure. Do you have a T5 fixture? That is the one that is the standard as it provides the best range of uvb. Then basking area will need to be about 8-9” below your lights. As you add in live plants, you can hang the fake ones on the outside of your enclosure, which will provide more privacy. To hang branches and plants, I love Dragon Ledges.https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ If they aren’t in your budget, there are several other creative ways to hang things…garden trellis is always a popular and easy choice. Just remember that whatever you use needs to be secured to the frame of the enclosure and not the screen.
thank you! it is a T5 fixture. do u think i should add a higher basking branch? the one i have now slants up forwards the heat lamp but it still relatively close. the temp was ready 82 where my cham would be. put the fake plants on the outside is a good idea thank you.

thank you! it is a T5 fixture. do u think i should add a higher basking branch? the one i have now slants up forwards the heat lamp but it still relatively close. the temp was ready 82 where my cham would be. put the fake plants on the outside is a good idea thank you.
What is the distance from branch to lights?

the highest part is about 6-8 inches away from the heat lamp but he climbs on the plants a lot so i don’t think i need to raise it. when he does climb high up to plants he only stays until i go away and he never stays for very long. it’s his way of getting as far away from me as possible so i give him his space and he comes down

Back
Top Bottom