My little farm

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all!

Well about two months ago, I got a pair of goats. I've been battling a health issue with the female since I bought her, but finally I beat it!

Sunday, I got more, 3 to be exact. I bought a mom and her ywo babies, who are 7 days old now. I got them to breed in the future, and am really excited for them to start growing.

Finally, today, I got a guard donkey. I've been trying to find one since Sunday, and I finally picked one up today, and best news of all, she's pregnant! I picked her up from a person who recently purchased a plot of land and they're working on bringing their animals to the property. They have a male as well, and he was stressing her out from constantly trying to mate with her. I got her free of charge, and brought her home and she now protects my goats.

Here are some pictures, my girlfriend snapped the picture of me while I wasn't looking but you can see how tall she is compared to me, I'm 6'1"

Chase
5101c40c07efc65b907e5da2216d7f6a.jpg
24b3b09e7bd1992ec2476fcad59b419a.jpg
9b11196cfb494ae05c3242d3bb8de78b.jpg
e42969594bbe3b48222cf97c1ea2c094.jpg

Awesome! Babies are so cute!
There's a donkey rescue not far from where I live. Can't believe how many end up unwanted.

What breed of cham are those?! ;) lol jk. Good lookin goats!

Awesome! Babies are so cute!
There's a donkey rescue not far from where I live. Can't believe how many end up unwanted.

It is sad. A lot of people use them for livestock guardians, as I am. usually people have more than one, and again usually have a pair and they end up breeding. I think they're really cool, and they don't really have too much cost for their care. Depending on how she eats the grass, I might only have to get a bale or two of hay, which would be like 15 a week in food. Plus she keeps the coyotes away ;)

Chase

I seriously need to come play with those baby goats. How adorable are those? Every time I pass little one around here in the spring I want to go play with them. If I knew the owners I would ask to play with them.

I like all your critters. Nice little farm.

I seriously need to come play with those baby goats. How adorable are those? Every time I pass little one around here in the spring I want to go play with them. If I knew the owners I would ask to play with them.

I like all your critters. Nice little farm.

Thanks Laurie!

I went out to the field today and the donkey was happy to see me. She's still a little shy, but I think she's getting used to us. I'm going to be talking to a vet tomorrow so we can find out if she actually is pregnant and how far along she is, if she is pregnant. Did you know they have a 12 month gestation?

Chase

OMG I'm dying from the adorableness. #totesmagoats

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422680755426.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422680755426.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 115
I worked with baby goats at the bronx zoo. They're more playful than dogs and love to cuddle!

Back
Top Bottom