My "Jungle Room"

What an excellent job!!:):) The panther in the walking picture looks tiny in that area, how wonderful for your chameleons.

Thank you! :D All my panthers seemed to be small for their ages, and they've grown like weeds in this set-up. They've been doing fantastic, so I assume they love it!

Oh, I meant other panthers pick on him. :). Pan (veiled) tries to mount him until Hyperion turns red, then Pan gets upset.

Oops, sorry Pssh, I got their names confused! :D That's why I say I'm lucky that all my panthers are really docile with each other, because it's unusual to not have a pecking order and some dominating.

Thanks! I'd like to think that they're all very happy :)

geez i love that set up. i would love to turn my cham room into a full time free range but i also have a beardie in the same room and my veiled is a freaking paranoid hissing freak and i would hate to catch him picking on my little male jackson. the room is big enough to make two seperate free ranges but u know chams, theyll drop, jump, and climb anything to get where they want to go. :)

geez i love that set up. i would love to turn my cham room into a full time free range but i also have a beardie in the same room and my veiled is a freaking paranoid hissing freak and i would hate to catch him picking on my little male jackson. the room is big enough to make two seperate free ranges but u know chams, theyll drop, jump, and climb anything to get where they want to go. :)

Thanks!
Yea, I tried testing the relationships between my 6 and there are a couple pairings that don't work. For example, my Jackson's loves to try to mount my male Nosy! And my Veiled hates both the Jackson's and another one of my panthers. So I've had to separate out the veiled and the Jax into their own areas in other parts of the house to avoid conflict. And even then every once in a while I still catch them crossing the house to see if they can work their way back into this room! :rolleyes:

You can always just build them two big, beautiful cages. It's not as "free" but they still get to have a bigger territory than just 2x2x4.

wow thats a reaaaaallllllyyyyyyy nice room...how do you feed all of them???:eek::eek::eek:...or make sure they all eat??

might want to try this

when it comes to cords you can get the the plumbers wrap they sell at home depot or use insulator i case all my plugs in a sterolite container with holes drilled in it and re seal it with hot glue now way for anything to get to the power strip just a thought

Thanks for the comments! I've since taken care of the cords :) Althought I will be moving this week, so this set up is going to have to be torn down. It might end un on a screened porch so the panthers can live outside once the weather becomes less bi-polar (it's lovely until we have one night of 42*F weather, and then back up to 65* for another 3 nights).

I have 4 panther males living in there at this time. My veiled and Jackson's have their own separate areas.

Jungle heaven for sure. Awesome job! What a great place for your chams to roam. I'm wondering... Do they ever go into a cage or just stay there? If they don't go in the cages then do they ever go to floor & leave that area? That is something hopefully I can do in the future but no time soon unfortunately :(. LOVE IT!!!! :D:cool::p;)

Olimpia, that is an awesome free range!! Now you have us all thinking on how to keep up with the Jones's!!! LOL

Jungle heaven for sure. Awesome job! What a great place for your chams to roam. I'm wondering... Do they ever go into a cage or just stay there? If they don't go in the cages then do they ever go to floor & leave that area? That is something hopefully I can do in the future but no time soon unfortunately :(. LOVE IT!!!! :D:cool::p;)

Thanks! They don't have cages and live in this room full time. One does leave the room and wanders around the livingroom TV table every day like clockwork and then goes back in the room to eat, drink, and sleep. The other three stay in there all the time without problem and they love it.

thats funny that you say one comes down everyday..i had an adult male veild that would always come down from the free range tree in the living room to sit on the couch arm rest to watch tv and "visit" ( this is at the end of the day when my girl and i would be off work) then by the time we where done eating hed be curled up in his "spot" for bed time..jut like you say "clock work"..by chance whats yer humidity and temps( temps meaning ambient)...p.s. beautiful set up!!

thats funny that you say one comes down everyday..i had an adult male veild that would always come down from the free range tree in the living room to sit on the couch arm rest to watch tv and "visit" ( this is at the end of the day when my girl and i would be off work) then by the time we where done eating hed be curled up in his "spot" for bed time..jut like you say "clock work"..by chance whats yer humidity and temps( temps meaning ambient)...p.s. beautiful set up!!

Thanks! Haha yea they develop their own routines and it's funny to see them "patrol." The room stays at around 70-75*F during the day unless it's a really hot/cold day outside, and then it fluctuates a bit. But they have several basking spots that stay more or less at 85*F. And the windows are always a little open so at night it drops to about outside temp, which recently is between 65-55*F. And the humidity stays pretty constant with all the plants in the room, around 50% with a spike around misting time.

Back
Top Bottom