My Chams :)

JRchameleons

Now that I've finished up my junior year of college, I have a little more time on my hands to spend on Chameleon Forums. So I figured I'd (finally) post pictures of my chams. Hope you guys enjoy!

First up, momma Jackson. I've had her for a while but I haven't been able to settle on a name. Any suggestions? I was thinking of using a Hawaiian word.
678A0908.jpg

678A0907.jpg

And my keeper from her first litter. Haven't decided on a name for this little one either.
678A0913.jpg

678A0912.jpg

678A0911.jpg

Here's Missy, my female Ambilobe panther. She just laid a retained clutch yesterday from her first mating, which was at the end of January. Not sure why she's deciding to chill in the top corner of her cage today.
678A0909.jpg

This is Kiya, my first chameleon. She's a female veiled and I believe she is gravid with a retained clutch right now, although the timing would be weird since she mated in November and laid her first clutch at the end of December. She has not laid another clutch since then and has not mated again. I'll probably post about that in another thread, but if anyone has any light to shed on the subject, feel free.
678A0902.jpg

Here is Piranha, a female veiled that I rescued a couple of months ago. She thinks no one can see her behind that tree. :p
678A0906.jpg

678A0905.jpg

This is Zoey, another female veiled that I rescued. I know she wasn't fed/supplemented/hydrated properly or provided with adequate UVB for a significant amount of time, but she seems to be doing very well since she has been with me. She must have been a runt because based on the history I was given, she has to be at least 7-8 months old and she's less than 4 inches snout-to-vent. The people I rescued her from actually told me that she was about a year old, but then again they also told me she was male, so I'm not sure whether I should believe them. ;)
678A0787.jpg

Did I mention she hates me? :p
678A0786.jpg

My Chams, continued...

Here is Maverick, my big male veiled. He is a whopping 20 inches in total length. I about lost a couple fingers trying to measure him. :cool:
678A0899.jpg

This is Neikas, a male veiled I had since he was 3 months old. Due to financial constraints I recently had to rehome him, but the guy is a friend of mine so I know that Neikas is receiving excellent care and I'll get to visit him from time to time. :)
678A0808.jpg

And finally, my male Ambilobe panther Kerouac. He has the best temperament I've ever known from a chameleon, and he is stunning as well. :D
678A0897.jpg

He he was showing off on a recent trip to PetSmart.
678A0767.jpg

Hey you guys seem to know a lot about chameleons so my veiled chameleon hadn't eaten in almost a week. But he ate yesterday. He won't open his eyes for like 2 weeks and he didn't open until yesterday when he ate. Is that bad and if so what do I do. And you have a lot of chameleons. They are super cute :) and does pets smart have people that know a lot about Chams?

Hey you guys seem to know a lot about chameleons so my veiled chameleon hadn't eaten in almost a week. But he ate yesterday. He won't open his eyes for like 2 weeks and he didn't open until yesterday when he ate. Is that bad and if so what do I do. And you have a lot of chameleons. They are super cute :) and does pets smart have people that know a lot about Chams?

You need to start your own thread if you are having problems with yours and everything you just said does not sound healthy for a chameleon.... Also if you are having this problem do not post on others threads giving info that is false or not true without proven facts .like you did in the hunger strike thread I just read.

Your best bet is to post your own thread in the Health Clinic section and fill out the How To Ask For Help form. What you described is not normal or healthy for a chameleon. And like with any pet store, if you're lucky you may find a PetSmart with someone who knows a lot about chams, but it's unlikely.

Thanks for the compliment :)

I used to have an ambilobe male with almost exact attributes and colors! he is stunning. Mine was a bit more dull though.. great chameleons!

Hey your cham look great! i have a question have you ever kept any 2 of the same sex to gether? also he doesn't get stressed going to the store! thats so cool

Back
Top Bottom