My Chameleon Might be egg bound

Addielogsdon

I have a 10 month old female chameleon, who last laid 38 eggs towards the end of September. She started digging about a week ago but is yet to utilize her egg laying bin. She also still looks very skinny. I don't know if she is egg bound or it is a false alarm because of the no difference in her weight and how it has only been two months since last time she laid. She is still eating regularly and hydration is good, I have also attached pictures of her form the last couple of days. My real question is should I take her to the vet or am I just being over anxious?

Attachments

• tempImagezGCbH3.png
    tempImagezGCbH3.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 84
  • tempImageib89df.png
    tempImageib89df.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
She shouldn't be laying again this soon.
Where is she digging? In a laybin or somewhere else?

She originally was digging in the bottom of her cage, which prompted me to put the egg laying bin back in her cage and then she also started digging in that. But she would never cover up her tunnels and it was always in the same exact spot.

The fact that she is digging could mean she is gravid, but the pictures of her stomach say otherwise. Normally she would be very bloated. I would also have to agree with Addielogsdon that it is a bit too soon.

Back
Top Bottom