My cham is ill

Lara6

Hi! I appologize about my english. It’s not so good, but I hope you will understand .
My cham: female, 2 years old
When she was one, she has 27 infertile eggs. Everything was ok.
Her cage: 50 x 50 x 120 cm screen with ficus benjamina and a lot of brunches.
I spray 2-3 times a day with warm water, she also has a dripper.

About 6 months ago she was full of folicles an the vet said better not to make a surgery, because she was eating an also has pneumonia. She got antibiotic and was ok.
About 10 days ago she felt from brunches a few times. Then she didn’t want to climb anymore, she seems weak and was all the time on the floor. Last two day she didn’t want to eat and I didn’t saw any pookie. We took her to the wet and they made x-rays, ultrasound and made blood tests. Pictures showed she is constipated and folicles made regression, so they gone. One ovarium changed. Blood test showed that she has liver and kidney disease. She stayed at vet for 3 days. Got under skin infusion, and some drugs which I have to give her still 3 times: portalak, spasmex, marbocyl and meloxidil (this is hard for kidneys, but it showed that helped her). Yesterday still on the clinic ate 4 mealworms, whic is great, after few days not eating. Doctor said that it’s fine to get two more infusions next week. But they can’t tell about prognosis.
She is on the floor now and I put her UVB, basking light and dripper lower in the cage. In the bottom she has towels. The problem is that I can’t spray water at all parts of the cage, because of lamps.
I’m thinking about get her lower cage, glass, so she could have more humidity. And also I’m not sure if is ok if I sprayed around because the floor is wet and she is on the floor all the time. Do you have any idea what also I could do for her? There is a pic of her.

Attachments

• E5BB8233-05BB-4277-817A-814F74F74754.jpeg
    E5BB8233-05BB-4277-817A-814F74F74754.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 86
the first thing to do... is stop feeding her mealworms!!! please! this could be a major factor on why she is sick, they cause major compaction.

Ok, thanks, I infact giving her cricked (dusted with calcium and d3). But the problem of constipation maybe was that about a month she got big crickets (dark brown). Now she has normal again and we’ll see if she wants to eat. Doctor said give her all she would eat (is not a lot of things).

Ok, thanks, I infact giving her cricked (dusted with calcium and d3). But the problem of constipation maybe was that about a month she got big crickets (dark brown). Now she has normal again and we’ll see if she wants to eat. Doctor said give her all she would eat (is not a lot of things).
hi, can you tell a bit more about your uvb lightening? Is the tail is responsive or really weak? For now, try to low your temperatures during the night (as low than you can) you can also try to give serapeptase (www.beardeddragon.co got some) this is an enzyme produced by silkworm and can help with inflammation this come in a calcium liquid solution and I think this can be a good addition to the treatment (not a big fan of all theses med with kidney problem.. keep her super hydrated and care about the lungs.

Change your feeder, silkworm is your best guess (easy to digest, packed with water, good rate of vitamins etc)

not gonna lie to you.. my prognosis is pretty bad, usually at this point they dont come back

You will need to setup an hospital cage, regular cage will not work here since she's too weak to move to get what she need (heat, uvb)

Thank you for that information. Her UVB is Solar Reptil Jungle 2% UV-A and 0.5% UV-B (15W). Day temperature is 23-24°C, the night is 21-22°C. Because I put lights on lower lever is basking temp. 28°C.
I called at the pet store, but for silkworm have to wait almost 3 weeks. Also they dont't have serapeptase and on the link you send I don't know which product is right.
Today she ate a piece of red pepper and 3 crickets. I can offer her a cricket or two later again. Alo she got all medicine that she needs.
About hospital cage you think smaller glass terrarium would be ok? I don't know what to put her on the floor, because there is a little wet of misting water and she lays on that.

I'm not going to be able to offer you alot of info on cham, but If you fill out below info. People on these forums will be more than happy to help you out!

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Ok, here is my updated information about my cham (something I already described, but here again):

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, female, 2 years, 3 months. In my care is 21 months.
Handling - I handling her about once a week.
Feeding - Mostly crickets, sometimes red pepper or carrot, but lately she doesnt want vegetables or fruit. Normaly she ate from 6-10 crickets daily, but the last month 3-6 daily. For two weeks now about 3 crickets every second day. She has her meal about 6pm, now when she started eating again, about 3pm. Crickets are gut-loading with salad, carrot, asparagus, pepper, celery..
Supplements - Calcium+D (Exo Terra) - last six months every second feeding, Multivitamin (Exoterra) once a week.
Watering - Hand misting twice or 3 times a day for 30 seconds. Dripper, but I rarely see that she drinks.
Fecal Description - I didn't see fecal for few days now.
History - When she has 1 year she has 27 infertile eggs, everything was ok. About 6 months ago she was full of follicles an the vet said better not to make a surgery, because she was eating an also has pneumonia. She got antibiotic and seems she was ok.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen cage (two sides wooden, two sides screen, the top mesh, 120 x 50 x 50 cm.
Lighting - Basking light - normal house bulb 70W, UVB is Solar Reptil Jungle 2% UV-A and 0.5% UV-B (15W). The ligts is turn on 12 hours.
Temperature - Cage floor: 23-24°C, the night is 21-22°C, basking spot: 28°C.
Humidity - Humidity level from 40-60%. Hand misting.
Plants - Ficus benjamina
Placement - In quiet area. The top of the cage is about 180 cm from the floor.
Location - Ljubljana, Slovenia

Current Problem:
About 10 days ago she felt from brunches a few times. Then she didn’t want to climb anymore, she seems weak and was all the time on the floor. Last two day she didn’t want to eat and I didn’t saw any pookie. We took her to the wet and they made x-rays, ultrasound and made blood tests. Pictures showed she is constipated and folicles made regression, so they gone. One ovarium changed. Blood test showed that she has liver and kidney disease. She stayed at vet for 3 days. Got under skin infusion, and some drugs which I have to give her still 3 times: portalak, spasmex, marbocyl and meloxidil (this is hard for kidneys, but it showed that helped her). Yesterday still on the clinic ate 4 mealworms, whic is great, after few days not eating. Doctor said that it’s fine to get two more infusions next week. But they can’t tell about prognosis.

Attachments

• IMG_1581.jpg
    IMG_1581.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6366.jpg
    IMG_6366.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5317.jpg
    IMG_5317.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom