My baby is here + misting?

gracie88

Hey y'all! I just picked up my baby (male) veiled chameleon today and I couldn't be more thrilled!! He looks so happy and he seems to love his enclosure and plants! I was having a bit of a hard time keeping water droplets on the leaves and due to my lighting they seem to evaporate very quickly. Is there anything anyone recommends to keep water droplets to stay for longer? We are also going to set up an automatic misting system, is there a good way to attach it to my screened enclosure? Besides that, everything looks great! Once again, thank you so much to everyone who responded and helped on my last posts, especially Gingero! I will see if I can snap a few pictures of him to attach to this post! (I still haven't found a name, if anyone had any ideas that would be great lol)

Attachments

• 2DC6C1BE-AFC9-4DC5-BBA8-3615179C3DC0.jpeg
    2DC6C1BE-AFC9-4DC5-BBA8-3615179C3DC0.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 644CD419-9EF6-4EB5-A125-C34E56AB5F59.jpeg
    644CD419-9EF6-4EB5-A125-C34E56AB5F59.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 119
Advice I can give you now that he is home, is to let him settle in. Don't try to interact or handle him and give him lots of privacy (I know it'll be hard since all you want to do it stare at him haha) for about 2 weeks.

Also likely he won't eat or drink much as he gets settled in. This is normal.

He will most likely try to hide from you, don't take this personally.

His first poop or two might not look great. Keep us posted and give him a few poops to get on a normal drinking schedule.

WOOOOHOOOO! Let me know when you decide on a name :)

How long are you misting for? Having a dripper can make sure drips are on the leaves constantly.

Hydration mounts are what most people use for their MistKings. Something like this: https://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-value-nozzle-screen-top-wedge.html

Wow! Once again thank you so much the help! You are amazing and I hope I can learn more about my baby and be like you some day! Is the hydration mount used to hold the mister itself or just the nozzle? I was thinking about putting my misting system at the top of my enclosure, cutting a small hole in the screen and then sticking the nozzle through there but I am worried about escaping bugs. Do you think that would work? For now, I am going to make sure I am misting for a little longer because he really likes drinking water off of leaves. I am definitely going to let him be for a little while but I will see how he reacts when I feed him later tonight (make sure he isn't stressed) Once again, you are amazing! Thank you so much!

Happy to help :) It's great that you are so eager to learn.

The hydration mount is just to hold the nozzle. What kind of misting system are you thinking of getting? I don't think the screen on top will be strong enough to hold the weight of a misting system of any kind.

Oh he is for sure stressed right now between the car ride and new home :p I'd try feeding him tomorrow morning and just let him be for tonight. Chams are more likely to eat in the morning so they can have time to bask and digest.

I will attach photos of the system I bought but I think you are right, I think I need to set it up to see but as of now I think I am going the get the hydration mount. I am definitely going to leave him alone for the rest of the night because when I went in to mist his enclosure he hid and turned a darker green. When do you think I should begin hand feeding? I don't want to start too soon incase it freaks him out (considering he is definitely a bit stressed right now.)

Attachments

• A828663F-A332-4D52-BD18-3AE353B39648.jpeg
    A828663F-A332-4D52-BD18-3AE353B39648.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 94
Ah okay. So I don’t have any experience with the Monsoon mister. The hydration mount I linked to was for a MistKing misting system (that’s the kind I have) Idk if it’ll work for a Monsoon.
I wouldn’t even try hand feeding for at least 2 weeks. I’d recommend cup feeding at first so you can keep track of how much he is eating. It took Neptune 4ish months before he would hand feed.

Ah okay. So I don’t have any experience with the Monsoon mister. The hydration mount I linked to was for a MistKing misting system (that’s the kind I have) Idk if it’ll work for a Monsoon.
I wouldn’t even try hand feeding for at least 2 weeks. I’d recommend cup feeding at first so you can keep track of how much he is eating. It took Neptune 4ish months before he would hand feed.

That sounds great! I think I'm going to ease into hand feeding with those long tweezer type things after like 2 weeks depending how comfortable my cham seems. Thanks again for the help!

You're welcome! Just be careful that your cham doesn't nail the tongs with their tongue. Sometimes their tongues will get stuck and get damaged.

Back
Top Bottom