My baby has passed away

Kipp

The last few days he has been having zero appetite and has been pooping blood and has been throwing up feeders. I did not want him to go. He fought the good fight and even though he is no longer with us m. I will hold him deeply in my heart. I hope something, someday can cure this heartache. I still hear his little nails on the screen door. Rest In Peace my baby. May you keep on eating fattening superworms in heaven. Rest In Peace, Kipp.

Attachments

• 2E5B6387-5FE4-41AF-AB9B-39FE0030093D.jpeg
    2E5B6387-5FE4-41AF-AB9B-39FE0030093D.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 208
  • CC2C2D8D-C014-42F0-96BA-B4CF9319CD32.jpeg
    CC2C2D8D-C014-42F0-96BA-B4CF9319CD32.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 29A8FB35-419A-473B-B40F-776B28759978.jpeg
    29A8FB35-419A-473B-B40F-776B28759978.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 3BE0892A-41C8-46C9-9ED2-325FF5EBBB18.jpeg
    3BE0892A-41C8-46C9-9ED2-325FF5EBBB18.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 237
Its going to be hard dessasembling his enclosure and it’s going to be hard getting a new routine. If I had just noticed the signs earlier. I blame myself and no one else. Not Kipp not even my family it is me I caused this to happen and I payed for it.

I'm sorry for your loss and hope you feel better in the coming days, don't blame yourself if you tried your best. Long live Kipp.

Its going to be hard dessasembling his enclosure and it’s going to be hard getting a new routine. If I had just noticed the signs earlier. I blame myself and no one else. Not Kipp not even my family it is me I caused this to happen and I payed for it.

Why do you feel like it's your fault? What exactly happened?

Reactions: iMi
Uugghhhh, I feel for you... I dread the day my chams die, I will prepare myself so it will not be so hard.... what caused your chams death?

i agree with @salty dog i dread the day my cham will leave me, do you know the cause of death? do not blame yourself for it chameleons are fragile creatures me and mine are sending our love and strength, feel better soon

If you can or want I'd recommend to getting another chameleon. it's not going to be anything like kip probably. But if you do get one you're not going to have to completely let him go. You can at least keep the cage and give it a new inhabitant. Long live KIPP.

He most likely died from a bacterial infection from the mouth and stomach I have learned to move on and I should have noticed when he stopped eating for a while because I thought it was normal for a hunger strike. But the past two days before he passed he was really lethargic and the day he died he was just sleeping and could not even grab onto the branch. I knew it was time for him to go. He died I think on a Wednesday and the earliest appointment they had with the vet was Friday. I knew he was not going to make it. But then after crying for hours I realized he is out of all of his pain and is in a happy place. (Completely unrelated) I think from all the sobbing and inhaling and heavy exhaling I contracted strep throat and stomach flu so that’s why I did not respond earlier. I really appreciate everyone for their responses to help me get through this dark time in my life. And now here’s a drawing my friend made.

Back
Top Bottom