Mushrooms in my soil....

Do i need to re-pot or will it be ok to leave them alone? I have not put a cham inside the cage yet since I would like my plants to be a little larger, and I'm sure the mushrooms are not a healty addition. I would assume with these popping up every day that I have some form of fungus present that needs to be removed. Advice pls. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN2467[1].jpg
    DSCN2467[1].jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 108
Fungi imperfecti

Its hard to tell from your pic, but the mushrooms do look like a Mycenae (sp.?), which would be a concern. Some are mildly poisonous.

I'm not sure changing soil wil eliminate the problem; it might be better to just get a new plant. Sometimes the fungus will run it's course, and go away for good. Sometimes they pop up randomly for years. Fungicides might work, but they present dangers too. And they're expensive. A new plant is cheaper in most cases.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive.

better safe than sorry

when i get new plants, i hose all of the old dirt off of the root ball, wash the entire plant with a mild solution of dish soap, rinse, and replant in the freshly sanitized container with sparingly fertilized eco earth. all of my plants do fine. it only takes about 10 min. and costs next to nothing. if there were mushrooms in your soil that you didnt know about, doesnt that make you wonder about what other suprizes are there? jmo

I get these in my enclosures all the time.
Organic soil and mushroom spores often go hand in hand and all my enclosures are fully planted.
I don't worry about it and have had no problems.:)

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom