Moving away dilemma...

In about a year I will moving away to college. I thought I was going to be living in an apartment but I recently got news that I might go to a different college and play football there which would require me living in a dorm. What do I do with my cham? Should I give her to a trustworthy friend and get her back after a year when I live in an apartment? Sell her :( ?

whatever you think would be best. I would make sure if you give/sell her to someone they are trustworthy and knowledgable.

A couple of questions, where are you going to school? How far is home from there? How attached to the chameleon are you? If it is only for a year or so someone on the forum might take the chameleon for you. I do know we have members in your area. Since you are smart enough to start thinking early about what to do you will find a lot more options.

I am from Lafayette, Louisiana and I am going to school in either Baton Rouge (1 hour away) or New Orleans (2 1/2 hours). I am pretty attached to her. I have only had her for about 2 and a half months but she is awesome. Are there any forums members in south Louisiana?

What kind of cham are we talking about and how old is it? If there isn't anyone in LA then we have members in East Texas that may be willing to do it.

Personally I wouldn't want to keep someone's chameleon for a year and here is why: First of all, what if I get attached and don't want to give her back and second of all, a year is a long time to care for someone's cham and any health issues would be on the keeper and I wouldn't want that hanging over my head. ;)

I live in New Orleans... Don't know if anyone else is from round here.

I had a veiled during college and it did fine. The rooms are smaller but he was very tolerant of people and didn't mind the activity.

If it where me and this was my baby I would get a friend to watch over him for the year and then get him back when you move to an apartment. But if you feel it better to place him for good then find someone who knows about chams who would take good care of him. Best of luck on your choice and just follow your heart and do what you feel is right.

Ok well I called the universities and they said no pets except fish tanks. I asked about a chameleon cage and they said maybe. I am prolly gonna live with a close friend of mine and I knew he won't mind the cham being in the dorm. I guess I am gonna try and sneak her up in my room.

Back
Top Bottom