Mold on a branch??

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
Does anyone know what this is? (The white things). Aside from this, I noticed some green mold forming on this same branch close to where this is.

Is either harmful to Spike? I'm assuming yes. So if so, how should I proceed with fixing this situation?

Attachments

• 20230917_150626.jpg
    20230917_150626.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230917_150634.jpg
    20230917_150634.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 35
Spike has finally moved away from this branch so I am just gonna go ahead and remove it. Luckily I added this branch into his enclosure later, after we've had him for a while so it's an easy one to remove. I'll just get another stick and replace it. I hope him hanging out there for a little bit today doesn't hurt him. This is the first I've seen this mold or these spores or whatever they are.

Update: I removed the branch and now that I have it out....I don't really see any green mold. So I'm not too too worried. But he was hanging around these spores or whatever they are. So hoping that doesn't mean anything. This branch really wasn't necessary so I don't even think I'm gonna replace it for now. I tossed it.

Attachments

• 20230917_161239.jpg
    20230917_161239.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230917_161213.jpg
    20230917_161213.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 35
Looks like mushrooms growing. This can happen. When you add the moisture we do you see nature take its course on the dead branches. I typically pull them off when I see them. But I had one that was huge in Bemans cage that I literally did not see and it caused him no issues. Not sure how long it was actually in there.

Looks like mushrooms growing. This can happen. When you add the moisture we do you see nature take its course on the dead branches. I typically pull them off when I see them. But I had one that was huge in Bemans cage that I literally did not see and it caused him no issues. Not sure how long it was actually in there.
So I probably overreacted again lmao that's okay though.... This branch was really extra where it was. He can still travel in this area. Although he seemed to like it there today so I may just replace it because.

I was afraid of taking the chance of it being anything else. I guess mushroom makes sense though because of the shape and color. Thanks @Beman :)

Back
Top Bottom