MistKing SET button not working

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
I’ve had my MistKing for a few years now, and all of a sudden the SET button isn’t working. It still turns on and all the other buttons are working but nothing happens when I press the SET button (which is kind of an important button lol). I’ve tried restarting my timer and contacting MistKing support, but no luck.

Anyone have any advice or a good contact over at MistKing I can reach out to?

I’ve had my MistKing for a few years now, and all of a sudden the SET button isn’t working. It still turns on and all the other buttons are working but nothing happens when I press the SET button (which is kind of an important button lol). I’ve tried restarting my timer and contacting MistKing support, but no luck.

Anyone have any advice or a good contact over at MistKing I can reach out to?
It may come down to getting a new seconds timer. My screen on mine is now doing funky stuff. Only have had mine like 2 years now. The screen either shows the numbers etc or shows nothing. Everything still works lol but when it is having an off day I can not make any adjustments because I can not see the display.

It may come down to getting a new seconds timer. My screen on mine is now doing funky stuff. Only have had mine like 2 years now. The screen either shows the numbers etc or shows nothing. Everything still works lol but when it is having an off day I can not make any adjustments because I can not see the display.
Thanks for the input! That was my plan if nothing else worked.
Tried changing the battery?
No since the rest of the timer works just fine. It’s just the SET button that’s randomly stopped working 🥲

Well, if you haven't changed battery in a couple/few years, this could be a symptom.
Happens with our remotes every year or so—they'll work fine except for distance or 1 or 2 functions.
If it were me, I'd at least try that before buying a new timer. 🤷‍♂️
YMMV.

After taking apart the timer, it turns out the SET button is a bit corroded. I’m gonna take it to a electronics shop for them to deoxidize it (I think that’s the right word?).

B37B3DA9-27EE-482F-97F0-5274C66D20EC.jpeg
B3D4B406-AF6F-4BAA-9BED-3C42EB3AA419.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom