Misting?

samanthanortonn

I am currently misting my cham and his enclosure about 4-5 times a day. Once in the morning before his lights turn on, once at about 11am, once at about 2pm, once at 7pm, then once his lights turn off at night at 9pm. I read that you shouldn’t mist during the day while his enclosure is hot because it could cause a respiratory infection.. I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s any truth to this? I don’t want him to get dehydrated by limiting his misting, I do it for about a minute each. I don’t really see him licking his leaves either to get water, he just kinda licks his lips if it drips on him.

Not an expert on respiratory infection, but I know @Beman can help tremendously with any in depth questions lol.
I also know that by just looking at your misting schedule it is too much.
How are them urates lookin?
If you want to go more of a natural hydration route which is a lot better IMO. I’d check out the bill strand natural hydration I’ll try and get the link and post it if no one beats me to it lol. But this route the Chams definitely don’t get dehydrated.

Not an expert on respiratory infection, but I know @Beman can help tremendously with any in depth questions lol.
I also know that by just looking at your misting schedule it is too much.
How are them urates lookin?
If you want to go more of a natural hydration route which is a lot better IMO. I’d check out the bill strand natural hydration I’ll try and get the link and post it if no one beats me to it lol. But this route the Chams definitely don’t get dehydrated.
Here’s the link. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-naturalistic-hydration/

I am currently misting my cham and his enclosure about 4-5 times a day. Once in the morning before his lights turn on, once at about 11am, once at about 2pm, once at 7pm, then once his lights turn off at night at 9pm. I read that you shouldn’t mist during the day while his enclosure is hot because it could cause a respiratory infection.. I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s any truth to this? I don’t want him to get dehydrated by limiting his misting, I do it for about a minute each. I don’t really see him licking his leaves either to get water, he just kinda licks his lips if it drips on him.
Hi. If you haven’t yet listened to the podcast, naturalistic hydration is running a fogger /humidifier (cool mist only) for a few hours during the night when the temps are cool. I don’t remember if it was mentioned in the podcast, but @PetNcs recommends misting before lights go on and after they go off. During the day running a dripper for about 20 minutes. This helps explain it and more. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/climate-of-the-homecountry-of-the-yemen-chameleon.177696/

Back
Top Bottom