Mellers Free Range Instructables!

Very cool indeed. I'm a big fan of the gutter system and if I ever do a free range, you can bet your eye that I'll go with them for drainage. Looks a hellofa lot better than just sheets of plastic laid out.

This reminds me a lot of the article on Chris's cham news ezine.

Thanks for the linkage.

Yup, same setup and same author: http://www.chameleonnews.com/?page=article&id=121

I set up a drainage system in our lab for our lab chams recently using the gutters and those wall mounted shelves. I used plastic corrugated roof panels for the inclines though and it worked great. You can cut them with a dremel and overlap them very easily to prevent leaks between sections of the corrugated panels.

Chris

Edit: Come to think of it, it wasn't that recently that I set that up. Over a year ago now I guess. Working great still though!

I'll be converting my indoor steamroom into a Melleri free range shortly. Great since it has built in drainage. Not sure if I could use the steam unit for the chameleons...unless I hooked up some kind of filter to it somehow. Need to do more research on my specific steam model.

Back
Top Bottom