Melleri

Chameleonmaster

Avid Member
How much a mellers around 2 year old cost?
The one I'm looking at he might be selling he/she for $150-300 not sure if he will sell it or breed it yet he hasn't made his mind up yet.
Thanks

I paid $250 for a CB baby Meller's, and have seen other CB Meller's for that or $300. If they are less they are probably WC (sometimes as cheap as $100) but you can't tell how those will do if they haven't been in captivity for a while, and at that price I doubt they have been.

Meller's are more expensive chameleons to keep just because of their size and how much water they need. So you'd have to build or set up a huge cage/free range, with an automatic mister, and sturdy branches/plants/vines. But they are so cool! I wish I still had one.

I have been trying to get as many melleri over the last 6 years I could and i would say the price for a CB young adult has been between $225 to $300, wild caught tend to run about $100 less

I have 2 cbb melleri, each cost $350. They are worth every penny of it.
Every Melleri that I has purchased has been worth every penny I have spent as well. Out of every Melleri I have seen available I have bought all but 3 and second guess not buying one of them.

How much a mellers around 2 year old cost?
The one I'm looking at he might be selling he/she for $150-300 not sure if he will sell it or breed it yet he hasn't made his mind up yet.
Thanks

One thing you could do to "help" yourself judge the cham's condition and its origin (regardless what the seller says) is to look at photos of cbb, healthy, established melleri (visit The Melleri Discovery and this forum) and compare this one to them. Look for body fat, casque fat, any little scars or scabs this cham has. A cbb cham isn't going to have healed injuries on its feet, dorsal ridges, tail tip, on its sides and legs, or rostral process. A wc will most likely have some wear and tear to show. And, this could also give you some idea how old it actually is. A very young cham won't have much wear and tear either. I very much doubt the seller knows its age unless he can show you proof he got it from a breeder. CBB melleri aren't that common and are more valuable, so he would probably keep that documentation for it.

18 months with me,mellers

Hello Melleri's friends; after 18 months in my care my mellers Cyrano and Roxana are in the bests familiar mode. they was WC. at first they flap the ears and turn dark each other but now they eat at the same cup they relax and basque together, the cage is 8'by 6'by 4'and have rain three time at day they eat six to ten crickets daily some time mealworms or dubias, the photo was take October 15 2012. thanks

Attachments

• Meller Cyrano y roxana .12.jpg
    Meller Cyrano y roxana .12.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Meller Cyrano.jpg
    Meller Cyrano.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 223
Hello Melleri's friends; after 18 months in my care my mellers Cyrano and Roxana are in the bests familiar mode. they was WC. at first they flap the ears and turn dark each other but now they eat at the same cup they relax and basque together, the cage is 8'by 6'by 4'and have rain three time at day they eat six to ten crickets daily some time mealworms or dubias, the photo was take October 15 2012. thanks

They are very beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom